video output plugins and cs3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don,

You need to have an EDIUS NX/SP card installed to use the plugin- essentially it will display the Photoshop image on the external monitor- that is all! With After Effects it will display the compostion preview (in it's native resolution) out to minitor.

Comment

Originally posted by shueardm View Post
      Don,

You need to have an EDIUS NX/SP card installed to use the plugin- essentially it will display the Photoshop image on the external monitor- that is all! With After Effects it will display the compostion preview (in it's native resolution) out to minitor.
      Thanks mate (don't know your name), that is fantastic - it looks great on the HD monitor and I didn't even know that was possible. That's what happens when you're a 70 year old amateur I guess and that's why this forum is so important to me.
      Onya and thanks again,
      Don

Comment

You're never too old to get into video. :)

Mark

Comment

BTW, it's really handy for avaluating DVD or Blu-ray menus before you burn them to disc. You know how many times I used to burn a disc and then think that the background of the menu was too saturated etc..... now I just do the comp in Photoshop and preview on the HD monitor even with the text and buttons enabled, just to test.

Comment

Originally posted by shueardm View Post
            BTW, it's really handy for avaluating DVD or Blu-ray menus before you burn them to disc. You know how many times I used to burn a disc and then think that the background of the menu was too saturated etc..... now I just do the comp in Photoshop and preview on the HD monitor even with the text and buttons enabled, just to test.
            Bewdy Mark, yet another great tip - thanks for everything mate
            Regards,
            Don

Comment

Video Out Plug-in installation problem

Hi,

I was trying to install the video out plug-in v1.21. During the installation, the "Select Components" seems coudn't find Photoshop CS3 as well as AfterEffects CS3 which were installed in advance. How can I have them correctly installed?
              And I had put the Canopus VideoOut.8be under \Adobe Photoshop CS3\Plug-Ins\Canopus
              But I still can't see the anything related to canopus video out put in Photoshop CS3 file/export. Have I done anything wrong?

I'm using Edius 4.13 + NX PCIe

Thank you!
              Last edited by cslmedia; 03-28-2008, 12:36 PM.

Comment

When using Photoshop, after loading image in PS use File > Export > Canopus video out to view on external video monitor.

I am very new to PS3 and also couldn't find it, make sure you select Show All Menu Items from the file drop down list.

edit : Most of the functions in CS3 are able to have a keyboard shortcut assigned to it, not sure is possible but it would be nice to have / make one, as the video output doesn't do auto refresh, that means that after every change in PS3 you need to select the export video out to refresh external video monitor.

Anybody can help on how to assign keyboard shortcut, if possible at all in PS3 ?
                Last edited by SoundFreak; 03-28-2008, 11:02 AM. Reason: additional info / question

Comment

Just tested with Edius 4.54, DV storm2 card and PS CS3 open at the same time works (no crash etc)
                  When leaving PS3 it reverts to the Edius image, switching back to PS3 needs a refresh of the exporter, a key board shortcut would be sweet !

Comment

Photoshop CS3 Video Out Installation

Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
                    Ok use this ZIP file.

Inside are two things - the plug-in, and a config tool for the actual hardware board (it should detect the driver you've installed).

You want to extract the Canopus subfolder and put it into the Photoshop CS3 plug-in subfolder. (i.e. c:\program files\adobe\adobe photoshop cs3\plug-ins\canopus\)

The config tool can go anywhere. :)

I've tried. Not working. Any setting should be done?

Comment

Originally posted by SoundFreak View Post
                      When using Photoshop, after loading image in PS use File > Export > Canopus video out to view on external video monitor.

I am very new to PS3 and also couldn't find it, make sure you select Show All Menu Items from the file drop down list.

edit : Most of the functions in CS3 are able to have a keyboard shortcut assigned to it, not sure is possible but it would be nice to have / make one, as the video output doesn't do auto refresh, that means that after every change in PS3 you need to select the export video out to refresh external video monitor.

Anybody can help on how to assign keyboard shortcut, if possible at all in PS3 ?
                      If you make an "action" in photoshop where you simply record the keystrokes needed to go to the file menu and click Canopus preview, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to it. Here is a screenshot from my system, note I assigned the F3 key as my shortcut since I'm already used to pressing F3 to preview in Edius Quick Titler.

BTW, I use Photoshop 7 but I would be surprised if it can't be done in PhotoShop CS3
                      Attached Files
                      Claire

Edius 8.53 Workgroup, DVC Built i7 5960X 8 core Haswell-E Unlocked, Win10 Pro 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4, 32GB DDR4 RAM, RTX 2080 Ti 11GB, Decklink 4K Extreme 12G, TMPGEnc Movie Plug-in AVC, Eizo 31" ColorEdge CG319X HDR 4K monitor

Comment

Thanks Claire,

Never tried to make actions before, will give it a try.

Comment

Assigned the action to a hot key, pressed to hot, message appears : The command "Export" is not currently available

Any thoughts ?

Comment

Hmm, not having CS3 I am not able to look into this, though if it works manually (from file > Export menu) then it sounds like something is adrift with the action itself. I think if it were me I would be doing two things..

(1) read the help on actions
                            (2) delete the action and record a new one
                            Claire

Edius 8.53 Workgroup, DVC Built i7 5960X 8 core Haswell-E Unlocked, Win10 Pro 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4, 32GB DDR4 RAM, RTX 2080 Ti 11GB, Decklink 4K Extreme 12G, TMPGEnc Movie Plug-in AVC, Eizo 31" ColorEdge CG319X HDR 4K monitor

Comment

Message appears : The command "Export" is not currently available for me too.
                              I've done (1) & (2) at length and it does not work for me either. I have to manually go to export every time which is a drag versus having a functioning Action Key do it. GP

Comment

Working...
                              X