X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claire
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
    Well, keyboard settings are in the "Setting.esp" file.

This is found here: "C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\Canopus\EDIUS\4.00\User\UserXXX\Setting"

Where %USER% = your windows username, and UserXXX = the User profile, which starts at 'User000' and then increments by 1 for each new user profile.

But it's entirely possible that this file was overwritten...in which case, the file will already contain the default settings. (auto-generated)
    I don't have a folder here called "User". My path is as follows..

C:\Documents and Settings\Claire\Application Data\Canopus\EDIUS\4.00\Setting

and in it I have "CtsGuiSettings.esp" and "Setting.esp".

I have already exported my keyboard shortcuts so that's ok, so are these two files what I should back up to safeguard my custom buttons and window layout in the event of a crash?

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    there are several users who experience crashes when making YUV curve adjustment, I am not sure if GV have found a solution to this known problem

I do them all day long and don't get a crash, I think it is graphics card related, maybe Edius 4.54 does not like certain cards or drivers?

Leave a comment:

• plekkie
    replied
    Yes, so it seems.

BTW, Edius crashed a second time this evening, while doing the same filter adjustment. Kind of disappointing since Edius hasn't crashed since a long time.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by plekkie View Post
    Just to let you know I just lost my button settings after an Edius crash too. Lay-out settings were not affected. Crash happened while adjusting YUV curve filter...
    are your settings back to normal after a PC reboot?

Leave a comment:

• plekkie
    replied
    Just to let you know I just lost my button settings after an Edius crash too. Lay-out settings were not affected. Crash happened while adjusting YUV curve filter...

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post

This is found here: "C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\Canopus\EDIUS\4.00\User\UserXXX\Setting"

Where %USER% = your windows username, and UserXXX = the User profile, which starts at 'User000' and then increments by 1 for each new user profile.

But it's entirely possible that this file was overwritten...in which case, the file will already contain the default settings. (auto-generated)
    They were overwritten, so I've learned my lession, back up, back up.

After reboot the all the effects and user effects were back, that worked ok.

I understand that I push the VST plug-ins a bit hard, used to do that in my other audio apps, but I wish Edius would just process it slowly if not able to handle the workload and NOT crash ..........

I just found out that there is a export file for keyboard setting, will use that now.

I'm just getting used to edius 4 and my question is that if I export my user profile out will this, beside window layout also include all settings for capture input settings, custom made user effects, application behaviour, render output settings in procoder etc. etc. ? or do we need to manually export as much as we can and reload again after a crash / new install ?

If not this would be be great new feature for future updates.

Thanks for the help guys.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    it happened to me once in 4.51, after a system reboot, all tool buttons were back as usual

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    For the keyboard shortcuts, it's best to Export the shortcuts. You can Import them later, and having the exported file also lets you create a printable shortcut list using the tool in the Printable Shortcuts sticky.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Humm... that subject came up in the first 4.5x release.
    Too bad, no crashes here yet (here we knock wood) so I can't confirm.

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak
    started a topic Edius 4.54 Customized settings gone after Crash

Edius 4.54 Customized settings gone after Crash

All my customized settings regarding keyboard shortcuts & Effects settings are back to default after Edius 4.54 crashed while adjusting VST audio effects.

Is there any backup file regarding the custom setting I can restore again ?
Working...
X