Strategies / Tips for Reframing 4K?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strategies / Tips for Reframing 4K?

I've got a lot of UHD footage that I'll be dropping into an HD timeline. Most of this will be cropped / zoomed / panned. I'm assuming I'll be using the layouter to do this, but I'm wondering if there's an effective way to manage the workflow?

Specifically, is there any way to simultaneously view both the cropped version and the original? Kind of like the way Photoshop handles non-destructive crops: you can toggle between seeing the entire image with the cropped-out area ghosted to grey, or switch to viewing only the crop.

My sense is that with the layouter I'll have to click into each layouter effect to see the pre-cropped original and to make adjustments. Is that the case, or is there an effective workaround or setting I'm missing? Thanks.
    Edius 8.1 WG
    HP Z600 - 2x Xeon [email protected], 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 660
    Windows 10 Pro

If you are using multiple effects and want to see them off and on, you might try using Transform instead of Layouter. Use a separate Transform for each effect and hen you can check/uncheck the Transform in the Information tab.
    1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

As a workaround you could double-click the clip in the bin to make it show up in the player/source window without crop/pan/zoom. On the recorder/program window you will see the file with crop/pan/zoom.

However, I would rather go for the transform effect as described in the first answer. Depends on your workflow and the amount of clips.
      Intel Core i7-7820X ---- Noctua NH-D15S ---- MSI X299 GAMING M7 ACK ---- 64GB RAM 2666-15 Corsair Dominator Platinum ---- 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2 (system SSD) ---- 512GB Samsung 960 PRO M.2 (data SSD) ---- Aorus Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti ---- be quiet! SILENT BASE 600 Case ---- be quiet! Dark P. Pro P11 850W ---- Win10 Pro ---- Edius WG 8.53.2808

Comment

Working...
      X