X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alpi69
    replied
    Originally posted by Philip View Post
    I use AVAST virus protection and I was recently having this problem as well.
    Wow, I have AVAST as well. Will try this asap. Not in the studio yet, but that could be the problem. Let you know how it goes.

EDIT/UPDATE: yes, turned AVAST off and it switches apps much faster. Thanks, I should have tried that before....after all it is one of the golden rules right ;-)
    Last edited by alpi69; 11-29-2007, 08:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Indeed I my testing the Application switching delay happens when:
    1 Anti virus is running (Avast is the one we tested)
    2 Notebook or PC is in some kind of Power saving mode.

Sr

Leave a comment:

• Philip
    replied
    Originally posted by alpi69 View Post
    As soon as projects reach a certain - but rather modest - size there is a delay when switching applications (e.g. from Edius to Photoshop, AfterFX or even QuickTitler). The larger the project the longer that delay.
    Is this a RAM problem? I have 1GB on that Edius machine and wonder if an extra GB would help. Or are people with 2GB having this problem also?
    Just curious .... are running a virus protection software on your editing machine and is it running when you edit.

I use AVAST virus protection and I was recently having this problem as well. I finally figured it out. It was AVAST running in the background. Now if I am working and I have trouble switching between apps I just remember to disable AVAST and bam...instant switching. Something in the way it is running in the background really slowed app switching. I only notice the problem though if it is Edius I am switching back and forth between. All other apps play fine with it.

Leave a comment:

• alpi69
    replied
    Not the answer I wanted to hear. It is not a RAM problem then. I hope it gets solved sometime, because I switch to and from AfterEffects/Photoshop etc a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Marc44
    replied
    I have also this problem with 2 GB Ram.
    Then 3 GB ? More ?

Marc

Leave a comment:

• alpi69
    started a topic Growing delays when switching from and to Edius

Growing delays when switching from and to Edius

As soon as projects reach a certain - but rather modest - size there is a delay when switching applications (e.g. from Edius to Photoshop, AfterFX or even QuickTitler). The larger the project the longer that delay.
    Is this a RAM problem? I have 1GB on that Edius machine and wonder if an extra GB would help. Or are people with 2GB having this problem also?
Working...
X