X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Batch Encoding...

Hello,

Quick question about how the Batch encoder handles changes to the timeline:

If I had an encode setup in the batch encoder then go make changes to the timeline footage, how does the batch encoder see this situation?

A) take a snapshot when it is setup and remember the original state of things?

or

B) Encode whatever is on the timeline when you hit start using the latest version of things?

Thanks.
    Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

B - it acts like it is a sequence - update the sequence and it updates wherever that sequence is nested.

Comment

Thanks! I have all night of encoding ahead and wanted to make sure.
      Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

Comment

What is nice is that if you have a list that you have already done you can make some changes and go back to your batch list and just tick the ones you want done again and it will remake them, with your changes.
        EDIUS silver certified trainer.
        Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
        Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
        Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Thanks. Now if we can get the ability to batch export into separate multiple clips that would really be great.

Comment

Update:

If you add markers after the fact they will NOT transfer through a TMPG plugin encode!

Comment

Working...
            X