Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Oops sorry, I missed that you're running EDIUS v3...

With EDIUS v4, it all depends on the dongle. With EDIUS v3, you still need the activation or EDIUS hardware, so I'd definitely do your change during the hours tech support is available by phone in case you need to call.

Leave a comment:

• EasternSP
    replied
    I have the dongle in the USB port but I still have to get the authorization code on line for the software. I thought it had the dongel so I wouldn't have to go on line with the machine and get a code.
    I'll try the restore mode tonight and see if I can find an earlier date when life was good here.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Originally posted by EasternSP View Post
    Now I don't have video output from the front I/O panel. It was there prior to when I tried to load the 4.54. Any idea why this is happening now?
    Maybe you're in an OHCI project setting?

If I wipe Edius off the machine and reinstall it, will that mess up my installation authorization or code from Edius?
    Nope, authorization to run all depends on your dongle.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    You may have to call tech support and let them walk you through a complete uninstall including the registry

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    It's probably the same, but have you tried to unistall it from both the Canopus folder and the Control Panel?

Leave a comment:

• EasternSP
    replied
    this is interesting. I tried to uninstall Edius from the machine to do a reinstall, but the install shield does the same thing as when I tried to load the 4.54. Only the red line builds across the window and then the window dissappears and nothing else happens.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    If you have 4.0 and up you should have a dongel so it will not mess anything up. I just had a bad upgrade install and had to uninstall what I had, install 4.0 (you will need your serial number for this) and then install the upgrade. I would try that if I were you.

Leave a comment:

• EasternSP
    replied
    I was able to install the Adobe Reader v8 with no problem. I'm not sure if thsi use the same installer as Edius requires, but I still can't install 4.54.
    Now I don't have video output from the front I/O panel. It was there prior to when I tried to load the 4.54. Any idea why this is happening now?

If I wipe Edius off the machine and reinstall it, will that mess up my installation authorization or code from Edius?

Leave a comment:

• EasternSP
    replied
    Ok, if I need SP2 for the system to operate, it has been there all along. I had Edius operating for over a year and then upgraded to the 4.5x version that was on the DVD and cd only a month ago or so. That installed and worked as advertised. I haven't installed anything else on the machine since then and I don't take it on line. I haven't tried to operate the editor since I did the Windows re-install last night. I'll check that out later this evening. It's just getting the v4.54 installed that is giving me the trouble.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    I reinstalled Windows XP. The editing programs are all still on the machine. I'm not sure if I had SP2 installed before I reinstalled XP. It's been a while and I can't remember how to determine if SP2 is there.

Yes, I have full administrative rights.
    Easy enough to check - click Start -> Run:

winver

Click OK and you'll get a popup window telling you "About Windows".

If you don't see Service Pack 2 mentioned in there somewhere, it's time to visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    In my experience, tech or IT people ususally know very little about any kind of editing hardware or requirements. Although they rarely will admit it. :-)

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    I talked to the tech person here at work about the SP2 and it is more at upgrading the security protocals of XP. Nothing in it for the wizard.
    I think that you should look for a new tech person immediately because that tech person is not reading to stay informed.
    For editing systems service pack 2 is a must. There are some firewire related things that are fixed, you can't control certain camcorders or decks.
    Most applications have it as a mandatory system spec.

Here you go
    EDIUS Minimum System Requirements:
    • Intel® Pentium® 4 3.0GHz CPU or faster (Intel Xeon® 2.8GHz dual processors recommended for HD/HDV editing, Hyper-Threading supported)
    • 512MB RAM (1GB RAM recommended)
    • 800MB free disk space for the application
    • DVD-ROM drive for software installation
    • Windows® XP Home or Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2 or later)
    • DirectX 9.0 or later
    • Graphics card with hardware-based DirectDraw overlay and 32-bit color display at a 1024x768 resolution (128MB of graphics memory is required when editing in HD resolution)
    • ATA100/5400rpm or faster hard disk recommended (Ultra SCSI 160 or better is required for playing two or more uncompressed video streams simultaneously)
    • One free USB port (1.1 or higher) for software protection key
    • Soundcard
    Note: External video decks/cameras may require either a free IEEE 1394 FireWire port or USB 2.0 port for connectivity.
    Last edited by SRsupport; 11-28-2007, 04:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    There are a couple of things in SP2 that Edius needs. You should have it on XP. SP2 is installed after XP unless you have an install disc that has it incorportated in the origianl XP install.

Leave a comment:

• EasternSP
    replied
    I talked to the tech person here at work about the SP2 and it is more at upgrading the security protocals of XP. Nothing in it for the wizard.

I tried to load the original Edius 4.5 DVD and I only get the preparing wizard window then nothing after that. I will download the Adobe v8 tonight and see if that installs. If not, it looks like I will have to do a clean install of XP and then all the programs again.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    right click My Computer, then properties, will show you service pack

I think you did a repair install of windows if all programs were still there

this in itself may have trashed many of the needed registry keys used by your programs

If you can't get it to work, I would do a full reinstall of XP, meaning the drive is formatted NTFS during installation and all software needs to be installed from scratch, but before you do, be sure to install the dull 250mb version of Sp2, it is available on CD from microsoft for free or you can download the full service pack file, I used to have a url but can't find it now

maybe your XP CD has SP2 already included, it should tell you on the CD if it is XP, or XP Sp1 or XP Sp2

Leave a comment:

Working...
X