audio question for edius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• audio question for edius

I just noted that sound ideas has a special and it is called Presentation Music or something like that. It says the wave files are in stereo 16 Bit 22 K wav format. Will this work in Edius? I thought it had to be 48K. The price is spot on. $51 for 5 CDs. Anyone had experience with this product?

Thanks guys and gals.... I am so glad the forum is back up.

Ronnie
    Ronnie Martin
    Kato Video Productions
    main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

22khz files sound like FM radio, so beware...

Yes, these should work in Edius, but if you have an audio program, I recommend that you up-sample to 48khz 16bit Stereo before importing into Edius.

Comment

While I don't think 22k files sound like radio (I have heard some that are indistingishable from 44k files) and Edius will handle them, I agree that it generally is easier to upsample them.

I do this on a case by case basis depending on the original sound and how critical the output may be. I also use lots of mp3

Comment

OK we all agree I have to "UPSAMPLE" them. I know this sounds stupid but how do I do that?

Thanks

Ronnie
        Ronnie Martin
        Kato Video Productions
        main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

Comment

Do you have any audio editing programs? Even one such as the one included with Nero??

It's usually called "Resample"...make sure an "anti-alias" filter is used during the process.

Comment

Just open your files in Nero Wave Editor and choose save as wav file. from the options dialog choose 48k as well.

You can also import the files in Edius and then export them to pcm wave. this is by default 48k
            Aristotelis Bafaloukos
            Systems Engineer, Video Editor, 3D Artist
            BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Comment

Thanks guys I have Audition and Nero both. I will give it a try.

Ronnie
              Ronnie Martin
              Kato Video Productions

Comment

Dave, why do you use the "anti-alias" filter?

Comment

It's like "softening" up audio...if you upsample from 22Khz to 44Khz, you should use the anti-alias option (if your application has it) to make sure that your audio isn't "dirty".

I have SoundForge 7 and Audition 2.0...and both have this option.

Comment

Hmmm, I will check that out and see if there is any noticable difference. I use SF 9 and have never used that filter and have never noticed a problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X