Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius NX: I look for config. info.

Hi,
    yesterday I have open my PC and moved Edius NX PCI card (Pal) to verify its serial number. Then I have put up it again. I don't know if I have done it regularly.
    When I open Edius 4.5 software in Output Device (on the left) I see these writings:

Generic OHCI HD 60Hz
    Generic OHCI HD 50Hz
    Generic OHCI HD 24Hz
    Generic OHCI SD NTSC
    Generic OHCI SD PAL
    Generic OHCI HD SD 24Hz

I don't see any other writing.
    I don't remember if it is normal or I have to see other card writings.
    How can I verify if I have put up my Edius card regularly?
    Thanks for your pleasant info.
    A lonesome traveler looking for lost tribes around the world: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoD...6FduohA/videos
    CPU: Intel i9 7940X
    MOTHERBOARD: Asus PRIME X299-DELUXE
    VIDEOCARD: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti
    SSD Drive:
    (C) 512GB Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2 NVMe (for Windows 10)
    (D) 1TB Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2 NVMe

reload the driver
    E9 PRO ,Intensity Pro capture Nvidia 650 TI LG 3D Monitor HDMI Win 10 PRO 64 Bit.Vistitle 2.6, Robuskey. ASUS Z370 I7 8700 16 GB Hyper X black RAM 250GB 960 EVO. 2 ITB Disks

Comment

Originally posted by vortigern View Post
      reload the driver
      OK, I will do it but I'd like to know if in that windows (Output Device on the left) there are others writings too.
      Thanks
      A lonesome traveler looking for lost tribes around the world: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoD...6FduohA/videos
      SSD Drive:

Comment

Originally posted by vortigern View Post
        reload the driver
        I'm sorry but I don't understand fine.
        In the Edius CD from HX-E1 folder have I to to the Setup?
        thanks again
        SSD Drive:

Comment

Ulisse,

If you merely take out the NX card and plug it back into the same slot on your PC, there should not be any problem. I have done that (unplug the NX card, do some wiring, plug it back in) more than 10 times so far - and I have NOT encountered that problem of yours.

I suspect you didn't seat the card properly into the PCI-X slot. Instead of reloading drivers (do that at the last resort) - why not open up your PC, remove the NX card, and plug it back in firmly. Try it and see if it works.

TS
          TingSern
          --------------------------------------
          Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Originally posted by tingsern View Post
            Ulisse,

If you merely take out the NX card and plug it back into the same slot on your PC, there should not be any problem. I have done that (unplug the NX card, do some wiring, plug it back in) more than 10 times so far - and I have NOT encountered that problem of yours.

I suspect you didn't seat the card properly into the PCI-X slot. Instead of reloading drivers (do that at the last resort) - why not open up your PC, remove the NX card, and plug it back in firmly. Try it and see if it works.

TS
            Therefore do you tell me in that windows there are other and different writings?
            If I have this problem it can cause degradation of image quality on Output?
            I have just output my work.
            Thanks
            SSD Drive:

Comment

The NX Card is only a input/output card. If it was not listed it there is no quality difference in the video. Your ouput should be just fine. :)

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Ulisse View Post
                Therefore do you tell me in that windows there are other and different writings?
                If I have this problem it can cause degradation of image quality on Output?
                I have just output my work.
                Thanks
                yes, you are missing half of them, all the hardware ones are missing

once you install the NX card drivers, they will all be there again
                Anton Strauss
                Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                  yes, you are missing half of them, all the hardware ones are missing

once you install the NX card drivers, they will all be there again

But I have to install the NX card drivers again also if I have seat the card into the same PCI slot?
                  thanks
                  SSD Drive:

Comment

No But every one is trying to tell you to make sure the card is seated proper in the slot.
                    Because if it is not windows won't see it and it won't load the drivers.
                    Then when you start EDIUS it will not see that the NX is there so it won't load the NX presets.

Ok let me try:

1 Make sure the nx is is seated proper in the slot
                    2 Start computer
                    3 go in to control panel /device manager look if the NX is detected and that the drivers are loaded.
                    4 If everything is ok start EDIUS
                    5 the presets will be there

extra Point 3 if the NX is not detected shut down the computer and reseat the card and then start from point one again.
                    Steve
                    EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
                    A proud EDIUS EDITOR
                    For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Originally posted by Ulisse View Post
                      But I have to install the NX card drivers again also if I have seat the card into the same PCI slot?
                      thanks
                      it only takes a few seconds to install the NX drivers, however you need to reboot afterwards
                      Anton Strauss
                      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

it only takes a few seconds to install the NX drivers, however you need to reboot afterwards
                        OK! I will install the drivers again but can you tell me how have to install the NX card drivers please? In the Edius CD from HX-E1 folder have I to to the Setup?
                        thanks again
                        SSD Drive:

Comment

Anton,

If Windows don't see the hardware, telling him to install the NX drivers (again) won't help him. I have never encountered such a situation before on my PC. I have removed the NX card, and plugged back in (more than 10 times now) - and I never have to install the NX hardware drivers again. Something else is wrong with his PC.
                          TingSern
                          --------------------------------------
                          Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

I think the original poster does not want to find out if widows sees the card or not he has ignored everybody who has made such a suggestion.
                            So I think It is no use stressing that.

Any way he should install the driver from the latest Edius download he has and not from the cd.
                            Edius updates always contain the latest driver and/firmware for the cards.
                            But if the card is not seen by windows you can install the drivers for 365 days and it will not work.

SR
                            Steve
                            EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
                            A proud EDIUS EDITOR
                            For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Originally posted by SRsupport View Post
                              I think the original poster does not want to find out if widows sees the card or not he has ignored everybody who has made such a suggestion.
                              So I think It is no use stressing that.

Any way he should install the driver from the latest Edius download he has and not from the cd.
                              Edius updates always contain the latest driver and/firmware for the cards.
                              But if the card is not seen by windows you can install the drivers for 365 days and it will not work.

SR
                              I thank you! I have just opened my PC and I seat better the card into the PCI-X slot and now it is OK.
                              Thanks a lot!
                              SSD Drive:

Comment

Working...
                              X