Unable to Burn Save As Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to Burn Save As Projects

I have a friend with Edius 8.20 on a windows 7 64bit computer. When he saves a project as a “Save As” and renames new project everything is OK when he opens it up the Save As project all the files are exactly the same but when he goes to burn to disk in the Write section there is nothing in the data amount it is empty.
    I uninstalled Edius and reinstalled it, tried opening other projects on all the originals you are able to burn to disk it shows the amount in the write section, but the same problem again when you do a Save As there is nothing in the progress bar with the file size. I don’t have this problem on my computer which is running same version of Edius 8.20 and windows 7 also another mate has same setup and he has no problem with Save As projects.
    Has anyone come across this before and know of a fix

maybe he needs to load the required sequence in disk burner after marking in and out on the desired sequence
    Attached Files
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

DVD design lost

I had a similar problem but suspected another cause.
      - Running Edius 8.20 on Windows 8.1 Designed a DVD in a HD-project.
      - Did a save-as and changed the project-settings to SD to make Lancos possible.
      - The DVD-design was completely lost.
      I don't know if this was because of the change in project-settings or the save-as.
      I'll design the DVD after the switch to SD.
      --------------------------------------------------
      Edius 9.51 - Panasonic AG-AC90
      desktop: Windows 10 64 bits - Intel i9 9900K Coffee Lake - 32 GB RAM - nVIDIA Geoforce GTX1070 ti (8GB) - 2 TB M.2 SSD for video - 256GB M.2 SSD for software - 4 TB SATA for other data
      laptop: Windows 10 64 bits - Intel i7 6700 - 32 GB RAM - nVIDIA Geoforce GTX1060 - 256 GB m2 SSD + 500 GB Sata-SSD + 1 TB SATA

Comment

after you designed the menu etc in HD project, did you click save and return to EDIUS prior to switching to SD?
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
          after you designed the menu etc in HD project, did you click save and return to EDIUS prior to switching to SD?
          Yes, I ALWAYS do that. I can verify that the DVD-design is still present in the HD-project, this evening at my desktop.
          desktop: Windows 10 64 bits - Intel i9 9900K Coffee Lake - 32 GB RAM - nVIDIA Geoforce GTX1070 ti (8GB) - 2 TB M.2 SSD for video - 256GB M.2 SSD for software - 4 TB SATA for other data
          laptop: Windows 10 64 bits - Intel i7 6700 - 32 GB RAM - nVIDIA Geoforce GTX1060 - 256 GB m2 SSD + 500 GB Sata-SSD + 1 TB SATA

Comment

very strange, I don't have Win 8.1 for testing this but it works correct here with Win7
            Anton Strauss

Comment

I checked: My original HD-project still has the complete DVD-design.
              Just to test, I did a save as in the same folder.
              I continued in the project and started Burn-to-disc. It showed an empty DVD-design: no sequence or file selected, nothing.
              My computer has changed a bit since: I'm running Windows 10 now and Edius 8.20 but I can reproduce the problem mentioned in the original message.

Comment

I can confirm your finding. "Save as" is what destroys the disk burner

I will report it

Meanwhile, why are you doing a save as just to make a DVD? All you need to do is switch to SD and when exported to DVD, switch back to HD

Note: it also happens without switching to SD, all you need to do is Save As and all work in disk burner is erased
                Last edited by antonsvideo; 05-18-2016, 12:41 AM.
                Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                X