X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rando
    replied
    Xplode

Well the thing is I have been using Xplode for years (all in RT) I dont need RT but now its painfully slow where you cant even scrub through a Xplode effect with out the whole machine stopping for a second or 2. In fact I cant remeber software mode being this slow.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by rando View Post
    Well that kinda stinks, What about Xplode for Edius? No offense but I have no intentions of sending system into the last century over one program.
    You just answered my first question....of how important is Xplode to your workflow. Neither of my cards will play it realtime. I have a 30" and a 24" dislplay with which I work. Xplode pro non-RT doesn't effect my workflow.
    I am using much larger files and a lot of the times uncompressed HD files.
    So, I really don't expect it to be RT.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_MD View Post
    I can say that I will send it up the flag pole but I am not sure how far it will get. :)

And you are right... they did a great job with it! I miss it myself. :)

Mike
    Wasn't a new effects package one of the things that was going to be addressed in the next version?

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    I can say that I will send it up the flag pole but I am not sure how far it will get. :)

And you are right... they did a great job with it! I miss it myself. :)

Mike

Leave a comment:

• rando
    replied
    Xplode

You sure about that? I have a new I-mac and Xplode works great I cant believe it would make that much difference. Could it be that its nvidia and not ATI? I tell ya I hope that make some kind of Xplodeish package for Edius because Edius really falls short in the effects department without it. The good news is I upgraded my Boris and with my new Quad 2.4 its pretty much RT.

Leave a comment:

• mike0130
    replied
    It was dropped a long time ago and the programmers that wrote it are LONG gone.
    Is it possible to get them back? They did great job, but it's time to do it again, according to the new software and new OS'ses...

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    Well that kinda stinks, What about Xplode for Edius? No offense but I have no intentions of sending system into the last century over one program.

Xplode for EDIUS is just Xplode but given the hooks to work with EDIUS.

It was dropped a long time ago and the programmers that wrote it are LONG gone.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• rando
    replied
    Xplode

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    Newwer doesn't mean anything. Xplode was created for the older cards. As things change in the cards Xplode remains the same. :)

Mike

Leave a comment:

• rando
    replied
    Xplode

Isnt the new card faster than the old? Im only running 2 19" monitors like I always have.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    I know this is unsupported but I am having a issue with Xplode Pro. I just built my quad 2.4 and I have a new nvidia I want to say 7800GT video card I replaced my old ATI X800 pro. I am getting REALLY slow render times with absoulutly no RT. Any thoughts? What was that old thread "recipe for RT"?

Randy
    If you absolutely have to have RT off of Xplode, put the X800 into the new system. If you upgraded to monitors larger than 24" you will need the new card. It is a trade off.

Leave a comment:

• rando
    started a topic Xplode Pro

Xplode Pro

I know this is unsupported but I am having a issue with Xplode Pro. I just built my quad 2.4 and I have a new nvidia I want to say 7800GT video card I replaced my old ATI X800 pro. I am getting REALLY slow render times with absoulutly no RT. Any thoughts? What was that old thread "recipe for RT"?

Randy
Working...
X