Xplode Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xplode Pro

I know this is unsupported but I am having a issue with Xplode Pro. I just built my quad 2.4 and I have a new nvidia I want to say 7800GT video card I replaced my old ATI X800 pro. I am getting REALLY slow render times with absoulutly no RT. Any thoughts? What was that old thread "recipe for RT"?

Randy
    Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

Originally posted by rando View Post
    I know this is unsupported but I am having a issue with Xplode Pro. I just built my quad 2.4 and I have a new nvidia I want to say 7800GT video card I replaced my old ATI X800 pro. I am getting REALLY slow render times with absoulutly no RT. Any thoughts? What was that old thread "recipe for RT"?

Randy
    If you absolutely have to have RT off of Xplode, put the X800 into the new system. If you upgraded to monitors larger than 24" you will need the new card. It is a trade off.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Xplode

Isnt the new card faster than the old? Im only running 2 19" monitors like I always have.
      Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

Comment

Newwer doesn't mean anything. Xplode was created for the older cards. As things change in the cards Xplode remains the same. :)

Mike

Comment

Xplode

Well that kinda stinks, What about Xplode for Edius? No offense but I have no intentions of sending system into the last century over one program.
          Randy

Comment

Well that kinda stinks, What about Xplode for Edius? No offense but I have no intentions of sending system into the last century over one program.

Xplode for EDIUS is just Xplode but given the hooks to work with EDIUS.

It was dropped a long time ago and the programmers that wrote it are LONG gone.

Mike

Comment

It was dropped a long time ago and the programmers that wrote it are LONG gone.
              Is it possible to get them back? They did great job, but it's time to do it again, according to the new software and new OS'ses...
              Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

Xplode

You sure about that? I have a new I-mac and Xplode works great I cant believe it would make that much difference. Could it be that its nvidia and not ATI? I tell ya I hope that make some kind of Xplodeish package for Edius because Edius really falls short in the effects department without it. The good news is I upgraded my Boris and with my new Quad 2.4 its pretty much RT.
                Randy

Comment

I can say that I will send it up the flag pole but I am not sure how far it will get. :)

And you are right... they did a great job with it! I miss it myself. :)

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_MD View Post
                    I can say that I will send it up the flag pole but I am not sure how far it will get. :)

And you are right... they did a great job with it! I miss it myself. :)

Mike
                    Wasn't a new effects package one of the things that was going to be addressed in the next version?
                    Jerry
                    Six Gill DV
                    www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

You just answered my first question....of how important is Xplode to your workflow. Neither of my cards will play it realtime. I have a 30" and a 24" dislplay with which I work. Xplode pro non-RT doesn't effect my workflow.
                      I am using much larger files and a lot of the times uncompressed HD files.
                      So, I really don't expect it to be RT.
                      Jerry
                      Six Gill DV
                      www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Xplode

Well the thing is I have been using Xplode for years (all in RT) I dont need RT but now its painfully slow where you cant even scrub through a Xplode effect with out the whole machine stopping for a second or 2. In fact I cant remeber software mode being this slow.
                        Randy

Comment

Working...
                        X