X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tryingtolearn
    • Mar 2012

Audio song tracks being messed on Edius 8

So in Edius 8 - when I bring a song onto the audio track, usually in previous versions the red line of volume will start in the middle

however Eduis 8 the red line of volume is starting at the bottom making it almost impossible for me to make my audio track quieter.. this is frustrating!

Why did they break edius these issues are crazy?
    I will have to video it later to show you. Basically if I drop the sound at all it disappears, but if the sound is near the bottom of the line where it begins it's WAY too loud for speaking overlay
    Also it's showing 2 audio wave form lines on the song track..

The only way for me to reduce volume is the graphic equalizer and that's a big problem. Why did GV break Edius?
    Last edited by tryingtolearn; 04-24-2016, 07:58 PM.
    www.skysimonephotography.com
    www.skysimonefilm.com
    www.facebook.com/skysimonephoto

Laptop:
    ASUS - 17.3" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB SSD - Metal Star Gray
    Edius Pro 9 Windows 10
  • kpot
    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by tryingtolearn
    So in Edius 8 - when I bring a song onto the audio track, usually in previous versions the red line of volume will start in the middle

however Eduis 8 the red line of volume is starting at the bottom making it almost impossible for me to make my audio track quieter.. this is frustrating!

Why did they break edius these issues are crazy?
    I will have to video it later to show you. Basically if I drop the sound at all it disappears, but if the sound is near the bottom of the line where it begins it's WAY too loud for speaking overlay
    Also it's showing 2 audio wave form lines on the song track..

The only way for me to reduce volume is the graphic equalizer and that's a big problem. Why did GV break Edius?
    - I use the Audiomixer instead of the rubberband!
    - Two waveform lines for its stereo (I suppose).
    kurt
    HW: ASUS Z170-A; Proz: i7-6700K; RAM: 32 GB DDR4; GPU: RTX-3070, 8GB GDDR5; SSD: SAMSUNG-850-Pro, 500 GB
    SW: WIN-10/64 PRO (22H2-19045-2364​​), Firefox u.a.
    NLE: EDIUS-11.11.14138-WG​​​​​​​; RESOLVE-18.6.6.0007 Studio
    // Read > Test > Understand

Comment

• BernH
      • Sep 2014

Your timeline is in Linear mode. Switch it to Log mode. Your waveforms will be bigger and the volume envelope line will move up.
      Last edited by BernH; 04-25-2016, 03:50 AM. Reason: fix typo
      Edius WG 9.55.9157 & 11.00.13684, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 3.100, Win 11 Pro, i9-13900K @ 5.0GHz w/ UHD770 GPU core, MSI Z690 MPG, 64GB G.Skill DDR5, nvidia RTX 3060 12gB, Blackmagic IP4K, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 1000W PSU, Fractal C28 Water Cooler, Fractal Design R5 case, 8TB Internal RAID-0/stripe, 2TB Crucial P3 Plus nvme, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors.

Comment

• tryingtolearn
        • Mar 2012

See photo
        Song track has 2 audio wave forms
        volume line started right near bottom
        sound is too loud
        if i drop the volume line it mutes completely

the volume line is supposed to start in the middle so you can go up or down and it always has

help
        Attached Files
        www.skysimonefilm.com

Laptop:
        ASUS - 17.3" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB SSD - Metal Star Gray
        Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

Comment

• Liverpool TV
          • Nov 2013

change your track height. Or try using the faders as Kurt is saying.

As far as I can see, nothing is broken or has changed, and with Pat's Ctrl function suggestion, small changes are easy.

Also a graphic is for changing equalization and not volume, unless it has a summing bus, which most don't.

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Comment

• kpot
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Liverpool TV
            change your track height. Or try using the faders as Kurt is saying.
            As far as I can see, nothing is broken or has changed, and with Pat's Ctrl function suggestion, small changes are easy.
            Also a graphic is for changing equalization and not volume, unless it has a summing bus, which most don't.
            Hi Tryingtolearn:
            Intermediate summary:
            1. Use audiomixer
            2. Change track height
            3. Drag rubberband while holding CTRL
            4. Use Normalize
            You should find your personal combination of the above functions.
            Regards kurt
            HW: ASUS Z170-A; Proz: i7-6700K; RAM: 32 GB DDR4; GPU: RTX-3070, 8GB GDDR5; SSD: SAMSUNG-850-Pro, 500 GB
            SW: WIN-10/64 PRO (22H2-19045-2364​​), Firefox u.a.
            NLE: EDIUS-11.11.14138-WG​​​​​​​; RESOLVE-18.6.6.0007 Studio
            // Read > Test > Understand

Comment

• antonsvideo
              • May 2007

drag rubberband while holding Shift+Ctrl

holding Shift+Ctrl moves line in between two nodes perfectly even and precise as you drag up or down

Alt+Ctrl+Drag also adds two extra nodes (at a distance of your user setting) automatically, ideal for ducking under VO
              Anton Strauss
              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 64GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

• GrassValley_PS
                • Oct 2009

First quit blaming GV for "Breaking" EDIUS. The waveforms at this point are almost exactly like they were in EDIUS 7. The waveform was never exactly in the middle. The linear algorithm places it below center and the Log algorithm places it above center. We have asked for it to be changed for quite a while.

I am going to be brutally honest as you insist on placing blame where it is not due. You clearly do not understand the audio mapping, so please take a bit of time and learn it before saying things that are just incorrect. Several people have given you the same advice but you insist on not following it.

Two lines show it is a Stereo track. You can change that to Mono if you so desire by right clicking on the track header and selecting the bottom option. It toggles between Stereo and Mono. You can also place a button for the same function.

Just ask your questions if you don't know but quit making incorrect accusations.
                1: Intel 13900K, Asus ROG Z790 Hero, G. Skill Trident Z5 6400 64G DDR5, Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce 4070Ti, WD SN850XNVMe 1T, 4T (2), Seagate IronWolf NAS 7200 14TB, Lian Li Galahad 360, Aja Kona 4, Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1600W

2: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

Comment

• DigitalDave
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by GrassValley_PS
                  First quit blaming GV for "Breaking" EDIUS. The waveforms at this point are almost exactly like they were in EDIUS 7. The waveform was never exactly in the middle. The linear algorithm places it below center and the Log algorithm places it above center. We have asked for it to be changed for quite a while.

I am going to be brutally honest as you insist on placing blame where it is not due. You clearly do not understand the audio mapping, so please take a bit of time and learn it before saying things that are just incorrect. Several people have given you the same advice but you insist on not following it.

Two lines show it is a Stereo track. You can change that to Mono if you so desire by right clicking on the track header and selecting the bottom option. It toggles between Stereo and Mono. You can also place a button for the same function.

Just ask your questions if you don't know but quit making incorrect accusations.
                  Please can we have a big LIKE key.

Comment

• Liverpool TV
                    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by DigitalDave
                    Please can we have a big LIKE key.
                    She needs Paul :)

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Comment

• tryingtolearn
                      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by antonsvideo
                      drag rubberband while holding Shift+Ctrl

holding Shift+Ctrl moves line in between two nodes perfectly even and precise as you drag up or down

Alt+Ctrl+Drag also adds two extra nodes (at a distance of your user setting) automatically, ideal for ducking under VO
                      http://www.videoproductions.com.au/edius80/alt+ctrl.mp4
                      shift and control just lets me zoom in or out from left to right. that is not what I'm posting about at all..
                      Look at this photo

see how the audio track shows the volume line righ tnear the bottom of the track making it almost impossible to drop it.. usually on Edius 6 it always started in the middle so I could easily go up or down

do you get what I'm saying?
                      Attached Files
                      www.skysimonefilm.com

Laptop:
                      Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

Comment

• tryingtolearn
                        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by GrassValley_PS

I don't think you are actually understanding what I am writing at all.
                        www.skysimonefilm.com

Laptop:
                        Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

Comment

• tryingtolearn
                          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by kpot
                          - I use the Audiomixer instead of the rubberband!
                          - Two waveform lines for its stereo (I suppose).
                          kurt

I'm not sure the term 'rubberband'
                          I've been using Edius since 2009 and the red line for the audio volume has always defaulted on any new track to the centre, but Edius 8 it's starting it almost near the bottom.. making it near impossible to reduce the volume on the timeline quickly as I always have done in the past.
                          www.skysimonefilm.com

Laptop:
                          Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

Comment

• Captain
                            • Aug 2015

It has been said at the very beginning of this thread (post #3), but I will repeat it. Please read this carefully!

There are 2 different modes of displaying the audio waveform.
                            1. Right now, your audio waveform display is set to LINEAR mode (displayed in "%")! It may have been another default setting it previous versions, which might confuse you, but right now you are in LINEAR mode.
                            2. What you want, is LOGARYTHMIC (Log) mode (displayed in "dB")!

So, please:
                            1. Go to "User Settings"
                            2. The very first entry on the left side must be named something like "Application". Click the drop-down button.
                            3. Now 6 entries should unfold. The last of these 6 must be "Timeline". Click on that.
                            4. Now, check out the right side: near the right lower region of this whole dialogue window (just above the "ok", "cancel" and "apply" buttons), there is a small box called "waveform".
                            5. Within that box, you can read "Linear (%)". Click on that and rather choose the other entry "Log (db)". Click on "apply".

If your problem has been resolved now: congratulations to all of us!
                            Intel Core i7-7820X ---- Noctua NH-D15S ---- MSI X299 GAMING M7 ACK ---- 64GB RAM 2666-15 Corsair Dominator Platinum ---- 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2 (system SSD) ---- 512GB Samsung 960 PRO M.2 (data SSD) ---- Aorus Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti ---- be quiet! SILENT BASE 600 Case ---- be quiet! Dark P. Pro P11 850W ---- Win10 Pro ---- Edius WG 8.53.2808

Comment

• antonsvideo
                              • May 2007

shift and control just lets me zoom in or out from left to right. that is not what I'm posting about at all..
                              Look at this photo

see how the audio track shows the volume line righ tnear the bottom of the track making it almost impossible to drop it.. usually on Edius 6 it always started in the middle so I could easily go up or down

do you get what I'm saying?
                              hold the Shift and CTRL button on the left of the keyboard at the same time and while you hold them, drag the volume line (also known as rubberband) up or down

you can also hold Shift only as you drag and the line will move faster

if you increase audio track height, it will be easier, see attached video

to have the volume line start in the middle has been requested for a future update

if you want the volume line to start higher right now, go to user settings, and set to log, see attached
                              Attached Files
                              Anton Strauss
                              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 64GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Working...