No announcement yet.

Great New Feature, thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To make a title, in the simplest way, place the cursor where you want the title to be, click the little arrow next to the T on the button bar, a dropdown menu will appear with the choice of--create title in current track(the track that has the focus), create title in title track, create title in New title track. click you choice. The default titler will now open and you can create the title. Under file, save as,( choose you location to save title). The title will now be saved and appear on the chosen track with the default length at the cursor point or between in and out depending on whether you have checked or unchecked the boxes we all keep talking about!!!!!! The problem some of us have been taking about is that if the in and out was present AND the focus was on a video track any title or in my case a colour matte would fill this space moving all video if insert was the selected editing mode. Since I almost never use the title track and create multi layer titles in the video tracks this sort of action would drive me crazy until I figured out what was happening.

Ron Evans
    Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 17

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Hi Ara

a bit more info on this case

I want my title, or matte, or still, or color bar to be 4 seconds when I add it to timeline

if add between in/out is ticked, the title, matte, still, or color bar will take on the length of time between in and out, I don't want that in 99% of the cases, that is why this new feature is so great

you need to use the T tool above the timeline in order to see this happening
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Ron and Anton,

Thanks, I now get it. I was unaware of using the T button. I had it hidden and I activated it and it all makes sense now. A special extra thanks to Anton for explaining it the only way I could understand it. Have a great day to the both of you.
        Thanks,
        Ara

Windows 10 Home 64 Bit, Edius WG 9.54.6706, Edius X WG 10.10.7056 Intel Z370X Motherboard, i7-8700K 4.7 GHz 6 core, 12 Thread LGA-1151 CPU, GTX-1080 8GB Graphics card, 500GB M.2 PCIe NVM SSD, 16 TB Raid 0 Media Drive, 32 GB DDR4 Memory, Intensity Pro 4K AV I/O, CS 5.51 Production Suite.

Comment

If you have a title in the bin you can place it in the player window by

1. Double clicking on it
          2. Pulling it over to it

Then use the insert or overwrite to timeline button under the player window (You can also do this using the left or right bracket keys) to drop it in between the in and out point on the track that is selected. :)

Mike

Comment

Working...
          X