Do we wait for another Sony?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we wait for another Sony?

Sony seems to be on a roll... the hvr-z7u looks to have some great features as well as the EX1. Yah... 1/3" chips, but interchangeable lenses on a Sony? 1.5 lux, 1080p, best of all it looks as if it will write to standard CF cards... not SxS! Due out Feb. '08.

So, will it work with Edius Pro??? Maybe!
    Rusty Rogers | Films
    >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
    >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
    Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

MPEG2...Eek! :P

If Sony released a 1/2" Inch Full HD H264 Intra codec HVX200 style camera in the $6k range, I'd grab it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
      MPEG2...Eek!
      Yeah, that odd codec used for much of the world's TV broadcasts and all DVD movies... ;-)

Seriously, the EX1 will be an interesting test of the trade-offs between camera specs and recording format when compared to the HVX200.
      Edius 6.5 on Lenovo W520 laptop: Intel Core i7-2720QM @2.2 GHz, Nvidia graphics card, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Canon Vixia HF-G10, three Sony HDV video cameras and one Canon 7D.

Comment

Does anyone know if the Sony Z7U will work with Edius?

Comment

In one way or another, I am sure it will since Edius seems to be able to use almost anything and may need to convert it for better performance. But I would venture to say that it probably will.

Let's wait for KH to chime in!
          George Dame
          Grass Valley / Canopus System Integrator - Nearly 13 Years
          Providing Systems, Onsite Delivery, Support & Training Services Nationwide
          Get Your Copy of The Edius 6 Comprehensive Tutorial by contacting me via PM, email or phone
          Invite us to your local video association for a full demonstration!
          www.editHD.com - 1-877-ieditDV

Comment

There isn't a lot of data to hand regarding this new model, but I would say if it's MPEG-2 TS based (ala HDV), then it should be supported in EDIUS Pro. There doesn't appear to be anything strange about the formats it'll record - we're already pretty tight with Sony 1080 formats.

Interface-wise, you're using compact flash so import would be a case of browsing (or perhaps using Sony software...but again, M2T recording should be fairly standard).

Comment

I would say if it's MPEG-2 TS based (ala HDV),
              Its plain vanilla HDV except for the 24/30p, the flash recorder also does HDV, I waiting to see if the HVR-MRC1 Flash recorder is available seperately?? Haven't found out anything yet
              GA-EP45C-DSR3,Core2Q3ghz,8gig1066,260GTX,2x 20"AOC,22"Vizio1080pTV, Edius5/HDspark,PC3,Imaginate, CS5ProdStudio/IntensityPro,Win7_64
              HPdv7t 17"notebook,8gig,2 IntHD,9600GT512M,17"extmon, Edius4.61,CS4Prodstudio.Win7_64,MX02Mini
              DAW,HPdv9000,x2Turion,4Gig,2IntHD,Audition3,Cubase 4,XPpro,Alessis F/Wmixer,M-Audio F/Wmixer,BCF2000, BehringerMixers, Fender sound sys
              Numerous Ext eSATA drives & Raids shared between systems

Comment

Originally posted by Blast1 View Post
                Its plain vanilla HDV except for the 24/30p, the flash recorder also does HDV, I waiting to see if the HVR-MRC1 Flash recorder is available seperately?? Haven't found out anything yet
                So far it only seems to be included with the 2 New Camera Models.
                ---------------------------------------------------
                Edius 4.6 Broadcast, FCP Studio, MacPro 8 Core, (Currently using 8800GT) ATI 2600

Comment

Originally posted by majormauser View Post
                  So far it only seems to be included with the 2 New Camera Models.
                  The MRC1 is available separately. I am actually conversing with Sony parts right now to get one. If you'd like I'll provide the information in a few days?
                  "What me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman .. after all, two wrongs don't make a right - BUT - three lefts do :-)

MacBook Pro (late 2011 8,2) 10.1, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 Gb 1600 DDR 3, 512 GB SSD, Mountain Lion with Parallels, External SATA HDD's on Thunderbolt, Final Cut Pro 7.

Canon 5DM2, 7D, HF G20 x 2, HF M40, with Beachtek Audio, Pro mixing, mics, both LED and Arri fresnel lighting, portable camera dolly, and camera jib.

Comment

If you'd like I'll provide the information in a few days?
                    That would be useful info, thanx
                    GA-EP45C-DSR3,Core2Q3ghz,8gig1066,260GTX,2x 20"AOC,22"Vizio1080pTV, Edius5/HDspark,PC3,Imaginate, CS5ProdStudio/IntensityPro,Win7_64
                    HPdv7t 17"notebook,8gig,2 IntHD,9600GT512M,17"extmon, Edius4.61,CS4Prodstudio.Win7_64,MX02Mini
                    DAW,HPdv9000,x2Turion,4Gig,2IntHD,Audition3,Cubase 4,XPpro,Alessis F/Wmixer,M-Audio F/Wmixer,BCF2000, BehringerMixers, Fender sound sys
                    Numerous Ext eSATA drives & Raids shared between systems

Comment

Originally posted by Blast1 View Post
                      That would be useful info, thanx
                      will do but you might want to remind me. i get lotz going around inside this fuzzy head of mine :o(

also, don't ya just LOVE this thing? i use it to digitize other cameras footage in the field after a major shoot :o) it's sooooo slick. and i love the fact that i have 100% back up on tape.
                      "What me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman .. after all, two wrongs don't make a right - BUT - three lefts do :-)

MacBook Pro (late 2011 8,2) 10.1, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 Gb 1600 DDR 3, 512 GB SSD, Mountain Lion with Parallels, External SATA HDD's on Thunderbolt, Final Cut Pro 7.

Canon 5DM2, 7D, HF G20 x 2, HF M40, with Beachtek Audio, Pro mixing, mics, both LED and Arri fresnel lighting, portable camera dolly, and camera jib.

Comment

Working...
                      X