X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaveL
    replied
    Thank you Mike, very helpful.

There is the audio option to select XLR on BM IS control panel, but it does not work to enable the RCA inputs on the IS when capturing via HDMI (I did try that, and that would have solved my problem - why it's there when it doesn't work, I don't know - probably just a remnant from Decklink).

I was hoping Edius was "smart enough" to be able to take video from one device and audio from another, but I guess it can't do that per your post.

I continue to try other options. My last ditch effort is to capture twice, once for video, and once from audio card for audio only, and sync it all up in Edius.

Thanks, Dave

Leave a comment:

• createmedia
    replied
    The restriction you are faced with is that each capture device is only software coded to use its own input terminals.

I looked at your other post and you are capturing via HDMI.

Routing of input signals is set on the BMD desktop video app, which allows capture via HDMI for the video, on the video tab, and on the audio tab I can select AES or XLR with the Decklink 4K Extreme 12G card, which indicates to me that you should also be able to select the RCA L&R phono connectors for your audio input. You should have similar options on the IS but I haven't got one here to try. Once that is set return to Edius and try an instant capture again.

I am on Desktop Video/driver package 10.6.2. You should be aware that Windows now requires all drivers to be digitally signed in the latest MS updates, and the Decklink Drivers certainly aren't signed so Windows will disable the driver (Yellow triangle showing in device manager Decklink drivers). Not sure whether that applies to the IS as it is a USB attach device.

Currently I am running with Windows driver signing turned off, and another re-install created success. BMD are aware of this issue via a technical support ticket and have referred it back to their software team.

Good luck

Mike

Leave a comment:

• DaveL
    started a topic Device Preset A/V different sources?

Device Preset A/V different sources?

I haven't been able to find a way, but maybe there is?

Can I setup a device preset so that video comes from one device input (in this case Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle USB, HDMI) and audio from a different source (in this case the audio line input from my audio card)?
    I see the many formats I can set the audio to, but not a way to take the audio input from a different device.

I'm doing this because my BM IS USB imports the video fine, but the audio is distorted (posts over at 3rd party devices), so I'm trying to import the video from the BM IS, and the audio via analog line input from audio card.

Can Edius do this and I missed something obvious, or is this not possible? Thanks
Working...
X