Serious display errors in version 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious display errors in version 8

While version 7 had no issues in handling different monitor resolutions, version 8 has a lot of problems with them. And I experience them daily.

My Macbook pro 2015 with Retina display has a full HD external monitor attached.

Switching to the normal layout results in a Bin much too big for the monitor. It takes a lot of effort to resize, since the magnetic feature works even if windows are not really touching eachother.

The audio mixer has disappeared a week ago and I cannot get it back. Don't know where it has gone. Using View/Audio mixer doesn't to anything.

Windows don't respond as expected to the proper resolution of the monitor.

When is this going to be solved, because a lot of time in editing is lost by messing around with Edius windows and adjusting the layout over and over again.

Productivity is poor with this version. (Been using Edius since version 3 by the way).

While using SHFT you can click and resize GUI windows without the magnetic feature.
    Windows 8 is indeed a work in progress and if you don't have a dedicated hardware output card you will run into problems when using different resolution on your laptop and connected 2nd monitor.

If possible have the 2 monitors at the same resolution for the time being and hope it will be resolved in this version....

(Ik heb edius sinds the eerste versie :) en 8 is inderdaad wat anders dan gewend)
    Tony D.

EDIUS WG 9.54 / MATROX MXO2 LE / WIN10 Pro WS / LENOVO P71 Workstation laptop / XEON E3-1535M v6 / nVidia QUADRO P3000 6GB / Toshiba M.2 NVMe 512GB / 2x Samsung 860 EVO 4TB / 32GB ECC RAM.
    EDIUS WG 8.53 / HDRX-E1 + HDBX-1000H / WIN10 Pro / DUAL XEON X5470 / SUPERMICRO X7DWA-N / SUPERMICRO SUPERCHASIS SC745TQ-920B / INTEL 520 SSD 240GB / WD CAVIAR BLACK 4TB (many) / 32GB ECC RAM / GTX 770 4GB / 2x MOTU 896HD.
    wavearts / neatvideo / tmpgenc / hitfilm / imaginate / affinity

Comment

Working...
    X