Hi Quality settings for mp4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AJL14 View Post
    Anton - after outputting to ProRes 4.2.2 then converting to H264 with Handbrake, what is your software of choice to getting that H264 file to BluRay disc?
    Even if I'm not Anton, I'm answering about too.
    Handbrake does not output Blu-ray compliant files!
    Andreas Gumm
    post production / authoring
    PC 1Intel Core i7-970 (6 x 3.20 GHz),
    ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 12 GB RAM, Geforce 9800GT
    Windows 7 Ultimate,
    GV software: EDIUS 7.42, VisTitle v2.5,
    GV hardware: 3G Storm
    software SONY DoStudio Indie + EX 4.0.11
    PC 2
    Intel Core i7-3770, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H F14, 16GB RAM,
    Geforce 650 GTX, 5x HDD, Windows 7,
    GV software: EDIUS 7.42, ProCoder 3.0
    GV hardware: HD SPARK
    software: Telestream Switch, DTS-HD MAS, Dolby Media Meter

Comment

Andreas - I quote the Internet - "H.264 is a video compression format to encode HD video content in a container like mp4, avi, mkv; it is widely used for the distribution of digital video streams, such as videos from YouTube, Facebook and the iTunes Store. The H.264 is also known as being one of the standards for Blu-ray Discs." Therefore, my question should have some kind of answer! I thought Handbrake could output an H264 Mp4 file?
      Stay well.....
      Alan
      Alan J. Levi
      Director

SYSTEM:AsRock Z490 Taichi MB, Intel i9-10850K CPU, 64 Gig Trident 3600 RAM, Corsair HX1000W PS, nVidia RTX 3070 Video, Corsair h115i Water CPU cooler, Asus BW16-B1HT BluRay DVD, Samsung 512GB SSD boot in Swapable Tray, 2 1TB Samsung SSD video files RAID 1, 4.5TB RAID 1 Outboard backups, Behringer 2000 Audio Fader/Controller, LG 27" 4K Monitor, 2 Asus 1080 monitors.

Comment

Andreas - I quote the Internet - "H.264 is a video compression format to encode HD video content in a container like mp4, avi, mkv; it is widely used for the distribution of digital video streams, such as videos from YouTube, Facebook and the iTunes Store. The H.264 is also known as being one of the standards for Blu-ray Discs." Therefore, my question should have some kind of answer!
        Stay well.....
        Alan
        The entire specification provides a wide range of different parameters and conditions and the encoding can be of more or less complexity which relates to processor capabilities on the decoding side. Blu-ray expects specific H264 files which handbrake can't generate.
        There are too many details about the entire specification to put it into an answer. Handbrake generates H264-files of great quality in a MP4 or MKV container intended for web use or playback on a computer or other devices.
        Andreas Gumm
        Windows 7 Ultimate,
        PC 2

Comment

Andreas - I quote the Internet - "H.264 is a video compression format to encode HD video content in a container like mp4, avi, mkv; it is widely used for the distribution of digital video streams, such as videos from YouTube, Facebook and the iTunes Store. The H.264 is also known as being one of the standards for Blu-ray Discs." Therefore, my question should have some kind of answer! I thought Handbrake could output an H264 Mp4 file?
          Stay well.....
          Alan
          While Handbrake, or more precisely the codecs it has access to, don’t have specific Blu-Ray export profiles. X264 can export compliant video with additional scripts. Maybe have a search to see if you can find the X264 scripts, they may work in Handbrake. While elementary streams are usual, different authoring applications can use various containers such as MP4 etc. You can also look into demuxing if elementary streams are required.

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Comment

More specific informations for specific Blu-ray-settings for X264 codec can be found here:
            http://www.x264bluray.com/
            Andreas Gumm
            Windows 7 Ultimate,
            PC 2

Comment

Anton - after outputting to ProRes 4.2.2 then converting to H264 with Handbrake, what is your software of choice to getting that H264 file to BluRay disc?
              Hi Alan

I would not use Handbrake for Blu-ray. What software are you using for Blu-ray Authoring?

the EDIUS Blu-ray exporter is not too bad, only the menu quality of EDIUS is below poor
              Anton Strauss
              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Just my 2 cents.

I use the TMPGEnc AVC plugin to make blu-ray compliant files (I also have the MPEG plugin too) I have traditionally fed these to an old Encore CS6 that I have in order to author the disc. However, since Adobe killed Encore, Magix has DVD Architect (also does blu-ray). I picked up Magix DVD Architect 7 also a couple of years ago on a humble bundle sale but never really started using it as COVID pretty much killed any event videography I was doing on the side. Magix also offer Movie Studio which can burn Blu-Ray.

To be honest though, Blu-Ray support in software is pretty limited and sadly, I would be surprised if it lasts much longer.
                Last edited by BernH; 09-10-2021, 10:45 PM.
                Edius WG 9.55.7761, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.5.6, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

Thanks for all your input, guys. Appreciate the technology you explained. Anton - I've always been using EDIUS to author my Blu-Rays and have been quite pleased with the result - even on my 4k 14ft. theater screen. I was just inquiring and always delving into technology that will improve whatever I was doing. There's always a better way to do everything - so it seems! Inquisitive minds just want to know!
                  Alan J. Levi
                  Director

SYSTEM:AsRock Z490 Taichi MB, Intel i9-10850K CPU, 64 Gig Trident 3600 RAM, Corsair HX1000W PS, nVidia RTX 3070 Video, Corsair h115i Water CPU cooler, Asus BW16-B1HT BluRay DVD, Samsung 512GB SSD boot in Swapable Tray, 2 1TB Samsung SSD video files RAID 1, 4.5TB RAID 1 Outboard backups, Behringer 2000 Audio Fader/Controller, LG 27" 4K Monitor, 2 Asus 1080 monitors.

Comment

I author with DVDArchitect and use EDIUS Bluray preset in an interlaced project. I do my main edit UHD progressive, export a HQX file that I use both for TMPGenc to encode for DVD ( 2 pass VBR ) and then use HQX file in an EDIUS interlace project to create the Bluray file. Author just once in DVDArchitect and use both the DVD and Bluray files to create DVD and Bluray with the same menu structure etc. Burn with Nero. TMPGenc encode for Bluray does not seem to work in DVDArchitect whatever way I have tried. Actually use HQX as the main file whether editing in EDIUS , Resolve even Vegas for that matter. As an EDIUS output ProRes would work too but Vegas and Resolve do not output ProRes so HQX is better to just go between any of them.
                    Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 17

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

I use the avc plugin from tmpgenc to export mp4's from within Edius and have used tmpgenc auhoringworks in the past to create blu-rays with a menu by using a HQX file, tmpgenc software has proven to be extremely reliable/stable in the past creating dvd's and blu-rays. I"m glad though I don't have to do this anymore as now everything is delivered in HD and 4K mp4 to my clients via download.

Comment

Originally posted by noafilm View Post
                        I use the avc plugin from tmpgenc to export mp4's from within Edius and have used tmpgenc auhoringworks in the past to create blu-rays with a menu by using a HQX file, tmpgenc software has proven to be extremely reliable/stable in the past creating dvd's and blu-rays. I"m glad though I don't have to do this anymore as now everything is delivered in HD and 4K mp4 to my clients via download.
                        Tmpeg Authoring works well and does excellent menus once you understand to think sideways, back to front and upside down

I always exported mpeg2 HD Elementary streams from EDIUS which are accepted by Tmpeg without any further encoding

like in your case, Blu-ray is dead here, I deliver mostly on USB now with small orders still wanted on DVD and for that I use DVD-Lab Pro which is also fed with mpeg2 elementary streams from EDIUS
                        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

So am I really a beginner if I use Edius 8's H264 exporter and the generated files look great to me?

I export [email protected] CBR 50Mbs, superfine, HW encoder.

Only downside, a 4 minute timeline takes about 15 minutes.
                          Edius 8.53 WG on Intel i9-9900K, Fractal design Celsius S24, ASRock Z390 Taichi, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, 3GHz, Corsair RM850x, 1x500GB + 2x2TB Samsung EVO SSD, 10TB Toshiba HDD, MSI GTX 1660 6GB DDR5

Comment

the EDIUS H264 exporter is fine when using high bitrates like you do
                            Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                            X