Truth about Edius 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truth about Edius 8

I inquired about Edius 8 and was informed that I could use it for 30 days without internet connection. I installed Edius 8 Workgroup trial version to use on my holidays in Cuba. When I tried to open it on the first day in Cuba, it informed me that I needed internet connection. What's up with this? Any answers?

Is there an Edius 8 version that will work for 30 days without internet connection? I also hear rumours that when Microsoft forces an upgrade to Windows 10, my Edius 6 will not work anymore.

Any suggestions on this?
    Theo

The full versions of Pro allows 30 days without internet connection, as far as I'm aware all the trial versions need to connect to the net each time you open it.
    From the trial download page
    The EDIUS Pro/Workgroup 8 Trial Version requires a continuous internet connection in order to create and validate your EDIUS ID
    DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K [email protected], Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB 5400RPM Video drives, external Blu-ray Optical

Comment

Originally posted by COMPLETE VIDEO IMAGE View Post
      I inquired about Edius 8 and was informed that I could use it for 30 days without internet connection. I installed Edius 8 Workgroup trial version to use on my holidays in Cuba. When I tried to open it on the first day in Cuba, it informed me that I needed internet connection. What's up with this? Any answers?

Is there an Edius 8 version that will work for 30 days without internet connection? I also hear rumours that when Microsoft forces an upgrade to Windows 10, my Edius 6 will not work anymore.

Any suggestions on this?
      Theo
      Hehe,
      - go to the next ETECSA office,
      - buy an internet voucher (1h = 2 CUC = 2 USD),
      - go to the next public place that provides WIFI (province capitals only)
      - login with the card (let the login screen open to can proper logout)
      - open Edius
      - logout the nauta screen
      - shut down the notbook by suspend to disc mode
      This way Edius stays open the next time you wake up your laptop from suspend mode. ;)

Andreas
      Andreas Gumm
      post production / authoring
      PC 1Intel Core i7-970 (6 x 3.20 GHz),
      ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 12 GB RAM, Geforce 9800GT
      Windows 7 Ultimate,
      GV software: EDIUS 7.42, VisTitle v2.5,
      GV hardware: 3G Storm
      software SONY DoStudio Indie + EX 4.0.11
      PC 2
      Intel Core i7-3770, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H F14, 16GB RAM,
      Geforce 650 GTX, 5x HDD, Windows 7,
      GV software: EDIUS 7.42, ProCoder 3.0
      GV hardware: HD SPARK
      software: Telestream Switch, DTS-HD MAS, Dolby Media Meter

Comment

Can I go through these steps/process when I'm still at home, so that I can open it when I'm camping in the bush or in Cuba. The resort, "Villa Jibacoa", we stayed in, did not have wifi. Nor the resort "Memories" next to us.

Theo

Comment

when Microsoft forces an upgrade to Windows 10, my Edius 6 will not work anymore.

Any suggestions on this?
          Theo
          Microsoft will never force an update. Who told you that?
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Can I go through these steps/process when I'm still at home, so that I can open it when I'm camping in the bush or in Cuba.
            Give it a try! ;)
            Logically you should be capable to use the software 30 days starting from first day of logging your first session.
            The resort, "Villa Jibacoa", we stayed in, did not have wifi. Nor the resort "Memories" next to us.
            Pooh, you were in Varadero?
            It's a nice place if you don't want meet Cubans! ;)
            Not sure about Wifi in Varadero.
            But as I said, province capitals having public places providing Wifi.

Andreas
            Andreas Gumm
            Windows 7 Ultimate,
            PC 2

Comment

We have been on Varadero 2 times, then we found Villa Jibacoa, halfway between Varadero and Havana. The perfect spot. Check the web. I have no intentions to go back to Varadero. It was too bad that I was unable to look at my video in Villa Jibacoa.

Theo

Comment

It was too bad that I was unable to look at my video in Villa Jibacoa.
                That's why I refuse software that uses permanent internet connection.
                I still prefer dongle protection for this reason.
                I bought some audio plugins from Nugen Audio protected by a Pace iLok dongle.
                Great and comfortable system.

For your Cuba trip next time use workgroup edition of Edius 8 or use the older version 7 or the dongle protected version 6.

Andreas
                Andreas Gumm
                Windows 7 Ultimate,
                PC 2

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas_Gumm View Post
                  That's why I refuse software that uses permanent internet connection.
                  I still prefer dongle protection for this reason.
                  I bought some audio plugins from Nugen Audio protected by a Pace iLok dongle.
                  Great and comfortable system.

For your Cuba trip next time use workgroup edition of Edius 8 or use the older version 7 or the dongle protected version 6.

Andreas
                  I am totally with you on the dongle or other type of accountability. Internet is like a dog on a leash. I need to be able to move around. I had Edius 6 on my laptop but figured this would be a good time to get acquainted with Edius 8 Workgroup trial and was assured that there would be no problem. Is there anyone that has tried how long the workgroup will go without internet? Does anyone know if Edius 6 works with windows 10? I need to know before I update and get myself into bigger problems.

Theo

Comment

I don't know about Edius 6 on Windows 10.
                    You will not get an official statement because Edius 6 is not officially supported.
                    I would try and test if it works. If so, be happy! If not, go back to Windows 7 or upgrade your NLE.
                    Edius 8 Workgroup is the only way to stay with the last recent Edius version without the need of a sequential internet connection.
                    You just need to activate your Edius via internet at the very first time via Internet.

Andreas
                    Andreas Gumm
                    Windows 7 Ultimate,
                    PC 2

Comment

I am totally with you on the dongle or other type of accountability. Internet is like a dog on a leash. I need to be able to move around. I had Edius 6 on my laptop but figured this would be a good time to get acquainted with Edius 8 Workgroup trial and was assured that there would be no problem. Is there anyone that has tried how long the workgroup will go without internet? Does anyone know if Edius 6 works with windows 10? I need to know before I update and get myself into bigger problems.

Theo
                      I installed in on one of my systems that is never online for testing purpose and this was many months ago.
                      It works as advertised.
                      One time connection at install.....
                      Tony D.

EDIUS WG 9.54 / MATROX MXO2 LE / WIN10 Pro WS / LENOVO P71 Workstation laptop / XEON E3-1535M v6 / nVidia QUADRO P3000 6GB / Toshiba M.2 NVMe 512GB / 2x Samsung 860 EVO 4TB / 32GB ECC RAM.
                      EDIUS WG 8.53 / HDRX-E1 + HDBX-1000H / WIN10 Pro / DUAL XEON X5470 / SUPERMICRO X7DWA-N / SUPERMICRO SUPERCHASIS SC745TQ-920B / INTEL 520 SSD 240GB / WD CAVIAR BLACK 4TB (many) / 32GB ECC RAM / GTX 770 4GB / 2x MOTU 896HD.
                      wavearts / neatvideo / tmpgenc / hitfilm / imaginate / affinity

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas_Gumm View Post
                        I don't know about Edius 6 on Windows 10.
                        You will not get an official statement because Edius 6 is not officially supported.
                        I would try and test if it works. If so, be happy! If not, go back to Windows 7 or upgrade your NLE.
                        Edius 6 will NOT work on Windows 10. I tested by upgrading one of my older Widnows 7 hard drives containing Edius 6 - it automatically uninstalled Edius.
                        Ervin @ www.AtlantaLegalVideo.com
                        Edius Pro 8 with TMPGEnc plugins | Windows 10 Pro on Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | Asus Z97 | Intel i7-4970K @ 4 GHz | 32 GB RAM | 4 x 1080 monitors on NVIDIA GTX 1660 6GB DDR5 | 1 x 1080 monitor on Intel HD 4600 | Storage: 3 x 4 TB drives + 1 x 16 TB archive; all drives network mirrored & automatically synched

Comment

Originally posted by ExFool View Post
                          Edius 6 will NOT work on Windows 10. I tested by upgrading one of my older Widnows 7 hard drives containing Edius 6 - it automatically uninstalled Edius.
                          The dongle will need a WIN10 driver that is not available and likely will not be coming. That is why I will stay on WIN7 for one of my PC's to use EDIUS 6.08.

Ron Evans
                          Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 18

Cameras: GH5S, GH6, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Working...
                          X