Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BernH
    replied
    I personally use Xmedia Recode if I need to rip a disc for video editing it will encode into other file types also, so can get around problems when discs were created with stand alone recorders.

Leave a comment:

• ajcvideo
    replied
    Once again Anton Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by ajcvideo View Post
    Can you screenshot your settings for a DVD in PGC Demux?
    sure, I posted it in April 2020 with a video clip
    https://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/...834#post492834

Leave a comment:

• ajcvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post

I always use PGC Demux (free) for ripping the menu domain and the video domain of a DVD to elementary streams, takes seconds once the VIDEO_TS is copied to hard disk

You can also use TMW7 or earlier
    https://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tvmw7.html
    Can you screenshot your settings for a DVD in PGC Demux?

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by ajcvideo View Post
    Can anyone explain the following regarding ripping DVD? Any answer would be greatly appreciate it.

1. I copied video_TS folder onto HD and could not find in source browser. How do I find that folder in source browser?
    2. Also I tried add and transfer from the DVD itself and it created one long .m2p which did not include a beginning menu splash page on the original DVD.
    DVD ripping in source browser of EDIUS9 or earlier only supports DVD or Blu-ray drives. In EDIUS X it is completely removed

I always use PGC Demux (free) for ripping the menu domain and the video domain of a DVD to elementary streams, takes seconds once the VIDEO_TS is copied to hard disk

You can also use TMW7 or earlier
    https://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tvmw7.html

Leave a comment:

• ajcvideo
    replied
    Can anyone explain the following regarding ripping DVD? Any answer would be greatly appreciate it.

1. I copied video_TS folder onto HD and could not find in source browser. How do I find that folder in source browser?
    2. Also I tried add and transfer from the DVD itself and it created one long .m2p which did not include a beginning menu splash page on the original DVD.

Leave a comment:

• David Clarke
    replied
    You are someone who is learning. Nothing wrong with that. I have lost count of the number of times I have had a problem when learning a program which has a really obvious solution I could not see.

Everything is easy when you know how ;-).

Leave a comment:

• Kenlewis
    replied
    Ok I have seen how to add the FOLDER in the Browser in user settings. I must have moved it across at some time?
    What am I?
    Ken

Leave a comment:

• Kenlewis
    replied
    Hi David
    I did reply to your last reply but it isn’t showing. May be it was too close to my previous reply!
    I can see my problem but do not know how to rectify it. I can’t show you a screen bump because my snipping tool won’t allow me to save it on this PC!
    In your screen dump the SOURCE BROWSER shows the folder tree included on the left of the window. For me the FOLDER TREE isn’t listed or even showing. In my BIN they do show. I now see that is my problem and I couldn’t find a way to rectify it.
    I decided to try a different use profile and used your supplied DVC profile and bingo the FOLDER TREE shows. I have 4 profiles and in 3 the folders show and with my main profile I use they don’t. It must be corrupted or I have deleted the folder part by mistake at some time. This profile is a copy of your one but I have changed the keyboard short cut to my workflow.
    I’ll just create another new profile.
    Once I was able to see the folders implementing the procedure isn’t a problem.
    Just to clarify my mention of your tuorials. “14 Importing footage Off DVDs” I couldn’t do that method because I didn’t have the folder tree to start with. “01 Importing Footage Into EDIUS” double clicking in the bin and I could import VOB files which was good for me.
    Regards
    Ken

Leave a comment:

• Keith Elliott
    replied
    Cool. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Keith Elliott
    replied
    I am used to the previous DVD ripper from Edius 4.6 that divided each chapter into a list. Much more convenient.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    the DVD contains a single file with chapters, one title with chapters

you will only see more than one file if you created a DVD with multiple titles

Leave a comment:

• Keith Elliott
    replied
    Thanks! I had never noticed or used the Source Browser window before - hidden under the Bin.

I just tried to rip a project DVD (created with chapter markers by Edius) but the Disc Capture only identified 1 large file (no chapters). Did I miss a step somewhere?

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak_HD
    replied
    Same as every version of Edius before this one the DVD ripper (or burner) is dodgy.

Once you figure out you want to pull your hair out of your head just use this open source software and get on with your work.....

While it's old with no more development, it will run nice on win 10 and does the job perfectly.

Once you run into burning problems you can use the same page for imgburn website referral.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    please watch this movie on how to capture disk, CD or DVD
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...sk-capture.mp4

you can also select all on the disk and add and transfer to bin, or just individual items

Leave a comment:

Working...
X