Disc Capture tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Capture tool

Using Edius 7Pro, I found a Disc Capture application (CD/DVD Ripper) in my Edius Program files. I also found CMTS Writer application. Clicking on either applic and nothing happens. Are these applic available as part of Edius 7? Do they need to be activated somehow?
    Keith
    East Coast Video

Edius Pro7, Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz Processor, 32gb RAM, ASUS Z87-Pro Motherboard, 3x2TB SATA, 500GB SSD, ATIR9 270X 4GB card, Samsung 24" Monitors, ADVC110 capture, Windows 7 Pro x64

it is all available within EDIUS7

disc capture is done in source browser

TS writer is under tools (for creating mpeg transport streams)
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

I thought it was "broken" in E7. I just tried it again - it got to 100% and then WHITEOUT! I seem to remember it went wrong in 6.5 Bug historians, help me out here.

I always use my 4.6 system for ripping - it works in fact I used it yesterday.

Comment

yes, the source browser disc capture is broken if the disk that is being captured is made by any type of standalone DVD recorder
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Then one I just tried was made in Encore - Procoder 2 encoded.
          Is it still in 8* - if so does it work?

Comment

it works like 50/50 so I avoid it

it used to work in EDIUS6 and earlier when we had an option called reconstruct files
            Anton Strauss

Comment

The crash is going to be because it has ripped the file and then is trying to put it in the bin. There is something EDIUS does not like about the file which then makes it crash. You could try going to the system settings - importer/exporter - MPEG and unticking some of the boxes and seeing if that means it can load the file.

If none of them work then you have to use another program to get the file and convert it. As Anton says we used to be able to rip and convert at the same time but we can't do that now.
              EDIUS silver certified trainer.
              Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
              Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
              Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalDave View Post
                I thought it was "broken" in E7. I just tried it again - it got to 100% and then WHITEOUT! I seem to remember it went wrong in 6.5 Bug historians, help me out here.

I always use my 4.6 system for ripping - it works in fact I used it yesterday.
                I also use my v. 4.6 ripper, which works great. So why couldn't GV get it to work with v. 7?
                Keith
                East Coast Video

Edius Pro7, Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz Processor, 32gb RAM, ASUS Z87-Pro Motherboard, 3x2TB SATA, 500GB SSD, ATIR9 270X 4GB card, Samsung 24" Monitors, ADVC110 capture, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

They integrated it into the source browser and it does the same as before except for remaking stuff into a different format as it is ripped. This is the bit that helps the most with ripping discs as a lot of ripped files don't work when ripped.

I had plenty of crashes using the old DVD ripper tool without ticking the remake files option in the old days. It would be nice if they put that bit back in.
                  Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
                  Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

I'm still unsure how to access this Disc Capture tool. I don't find it in the Tools tab. When I click on it directly from the Edius Programs file nothing happens. How is it opened?
                    Keith
                    East Coast Video

Comment

It's not in the 'Tools' menu, it's in the 'Source Browser' tab. Click on the 'Source Browser' tab and at the top left you should have an 'Audio CD/DVD' option
                      DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K [email protected], Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB 5400RPM Video drives, external Blu-ray Optical

Comment

Hi Keith
                        Did you find the 'Audio CD/DVD' capture option?
                        I’m on version Workgroup 8.10.188 and cannot find the option to capture from my own grown home DVD in either the TOOLS or Source Browser.
                        Different tutorials for different version of EDIUS have varying suggestions.
                        Recently in another forum I asked the same question but before I receive a reply I watched David’s (DVC) tutorial and double RIGHT clicking in an empty space in the BIN will bring up the option. On trying this I was able to capture VOB files which in my situation were just what I wanted.
                        But I still cannot find the 'Audio CD/DVD' capture option’ as is suggested.
                        Regards
                        Ken
                        DVC Built for AVID MC (Now + EDIUS Workgroup 8.5.3)- Giabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, 2.66Ghz Intel i7-920 Quad Core HyperThreading processor, 1 NVidia Quadro FX1800 768MB, Win W7 Pro 64 bit, Now Win 10 MC Ver 8.4.4.3850, Workgroup 8 (8.5.3.3262)
                        DVC Built for EDIUS- Giabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3, Intel i7 6700K, Skylake Quad Core 4.0GHz, 32GB Ram, 240GB SanDisk, Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K, EDIUS Workgroup 8 (8.5.3.3262) Plus 9 (9.51.5619) VisTitle 2.580 Just a Hobby.

Comment

Are you looking at source browser or the bin Ken? The bin does not list CD audio but the source browser does. When I put in an audio CD it shows me the tracks as shown here and I double click on them to hear it, and right click to add and transfer to bin.

I had a look at my tutorial and the chapter on CD audio ripping shows the same thing.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi David
                            I think I can see my problem but do not know how to rectify it.
                            My “MOVE UP” pointing up icon next to the “Folder” and “search” is GREYED out so I cannot open or see the folders above effects.
                            I changed back to your DVC Profile but that hasn’t helped me resolve the problem.
                            Ken
                            DVC Built for AVID MC (Now + EDIUS Workgroup 8.5.3)- Giabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, 2.66Ghz Intel i7-920 Quad Core HyperThreading processor, 1 NVidia Quadro FX1800 768MB, Win W7 Pro 64 bit, Now Win 10 MC Ver 8.4.4.3850, Workgroup 8 (8.5.3.3262)
                            DVC Built for EDIUS- Giabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3, Intel i7 6700K, Skylake Quad Core 4.0GHz, 32GB Ram, 240GB SanDisk, Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K, EDIUS Workgroup 8 (8.5.3.3262) Plus 9 (9.51.5619) VisTitle 2.580 Just a Hobby.

Comment

Sorry, I am not sure I get what you mean. Could you post a screen shot?

Comment

Working...
                              X