X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gavin++
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaj44 View Post
    Installed SoundSoap +5 today and to my great disappointment after many hours of testing can not I get audio and video sync?
    I tested the "Audio Offset" both + and -, nothing succeeds ????
    Feels like "USD 128.05" is wasted money
    Unfortunately EDIUS 8 is still missing VST latency compensation.
    You have to do that manually or use plugins that don't produce latency.
    In some cases it helps to reduce or turn off "Oversampling" for the VST effect (if that option is available). By doing that, you can make some plugins 'realtime'.

Don't know SoundSoap, maybe there's an option for that, too.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    the way to work with soundsoap is to print to file, audio, PCM wav

then place the wav clip below existing and line up waveform with original, then mute original

I use Wavearts Master Restoration, it causes 0.0000% delay and has many options not found in soundsoap

Leave a comment:

• Kaj44
    replied
    SoundSoap+5

Installed SoundSoap +5 today and to my great disappointment after many hours of testing can not I get audio and video sync?
    I tested the "Audio Offset" both + and -, nothing succeeds ????
    Feels like "USD 128.05" is wasted money

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_SL
    replied
    Thanks for checking.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I deactivated my Workgroup version and activated the Pro serial to test and yes, VST plugin bridge is there, so it must be a bad VST somewhere seen by EDIUS

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_SL
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    maybe 8 Pro does not have a VST plugin bridge as seen as missing in his screenshot? I can see it here in 8 WG
    Certain unsupported VST plugins make the VST entry disappear.

It is best to cut the vst plug-ins from the location set as default. Add them one by one to find out which one is thr culprit.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    If you 're running Edius 8.1 Pro, do you have all 3 items mentioned?
    AE BRIDGE
    VST PLUGIN
    GPUFX

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    maybe 8 Pro does not have a VST plugin bridge as seen as missing in his screenshot? I can see it here in 8 WG

Leave a comment:

• Adbear
    replied
    In the 'Effects' section you should have 3 options, 'After Effects Plug-in bridge', 'GPUFx' and 'VST Plug-in Bridge'. You have to add audio plug-ins into the 'VST Plug-in bridge' not the 'After Effects Plug-in bridge'

Just installed the trial version of Soundsoap 3 and Edius 8.11 sees it perfectly when added into the VST Plug-in bridge then a restart of Edius
    Last edited by Adbear; 02-16-2016, 02:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kaj44
    replied
    Plug-in Soundsoap 3

I have done as you describe, it does not work for me, "VSTPlugins" taken in "Effects", I do not know how to get it in place? SoundSoap 3 worked in Edius 6.5 & 7.xx!
    Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    Did you go into Settings>System Settings>Effects>Vst Plug-in Bridge and add the location of the VST? After setting this you will need to restart Edius to activate it. Grateful for proposals.

Also, is Sound Soap 5 compatible with Edius 8? I didn't see Sound Soap 4 listed as a compatible plugin here:

I just installed the trial and tried to link it within Edius 8.1. No luck. Here is a screen shot for .VST location:http://www.grassvalley.com/assets/me..._CompGuide.pdf
    [ATTACH]14761[/ATTACH]

The only catch is that the .VST folder is empty. So, no way to link.
    I would contact Sound Soap and verify whether is is Edius 8.1 and Windows 10 compatible.

I've now tried to install the trial of 5 onto:
    1. Edius 8.1 on Win 10
    2. Edius 8.1 on Win 7
    3. Edius 7.51 on Win 7

I didn't see either a 64 bit or 32 bit VST loaded into the Sound Soap location as seen in the screen shot above.
    Definitely contact Sound Soap.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    Originally posted by THoff View Post
    Have you had a chance to see if the new version suffers from the 1024-sample audio delay problem that affected Sound Soap 4?
    I'm going to answer my own question...

I took the plunge today and purchased the upgrade from SoundSoap 4 to SoundSoap 5+, and the delay is still there -- very annoying.

It's still a useful tool for noise removal, giving good results with little work and at a reasonable cost. But you either have to use the standalone application, or use the Audio Offset feature in Edius and sacrifice a second or so of the beginning of the clip to fill the SoundSoap sample buffer.

I also own WaveArts Master Restoration Suite, which is more powerful and has no audio delay. I don't understand why SoundSoap still suffers from this problem (especially since it didn't exist when SoundSoap still came bundled with Edius).

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    I didn't receive a code for the trial. That would have been important info to know before I started.

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    Have you had a chance to see if the new version suffers from the 1024-sample audio delay problem that affected Sound Soap 4?

Leave a comment:

• CrunchyDoodle
    replied
    OK, you gave me a hint and now it's showing and working! One thing I had figured out, though I didn't use the knowledge correctly, was that when I active SoundSoap+5 with the code they sent me, it then copies the DLL to the expected place. Much more important is to point EDIUS to the correct version; 64-bit in this case. When that gets done, all is well.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Did you go into Settings>System Settings>Effects>Vst Plug-in Bridge and add the location of the VST? After setting this you will need to restart Edius to activate it.

Also, is Sound Soap 5 compatible with Edius 8? I didn't see Sound Soap 4 listed as a compatible plugin here:

I just installed the trial and tried to link it within Edius 8.1. No luck. Here is a screen shot for .VST location:http://www.grassvalley.com/assets/me..._CompGuide.pdf
    Soundsoap.png

The only catch is that the .VST folder is empty. So, no way to link.
    I would contact Sound Soap and verify whether is is Edius 8.1 and Windows 10 compatible.

I've now tried to install the trial of 5 onto:
    1. Edius 8.1 on Win 10
    2. Edius 8.1 on Win 7
    3. Edius 7.51 on Win 7

I didn't see either a 64 bit or 32 bit VST loaded into the Sound Soap location as seen in the screen shot above.
    Definitely contact Sound Soap.
    Last edited by Jerry; 01-14-2016, 10:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X