SoundSoap+5 not showing in effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoundSoap+5 not showing in effects

I have EDIUS Workgroup 8 (8.10.188) on my Windows 10 Pro 64-bit machine. It works pretty well. Occasionally I need to clean up the sound, so I have a SoundSoap+5 VST Plugin set in the EDIUS System Settings. It is not showing up in the AudioFilters palette as I believe it's supposed to.

Background:

I just updated to SoundSoap+5 - installed and activated - it runs OK in its stand-alone application - I need it to work as a VST Plugin.

I've unset and set the VST Plugin setting for EDIUS 8 twice. It is pointing to the correct folder with the SoundSoap+5 DLL. I've restarted EDIUS and rebooted Windows more than once.

I last used SoundSoap 4 with my previous EDIUS 7 and maybe 6. I've never used SoundSoap+5 within EDIUS.

I'd appreciate any assistance getting this working.

Thanks.

Did you go into Settings>System Settings>Effects>Vst Plug-in Bridge and add the location of the VST? After setting this you will need to restart Edius to activate it.

Also, is Sound Soap 5 compatible with Edius 8? I didn't see Sound Soap 4 listed as a compatible plugin here:

I just installed the trial and tried to link it within Edius 8.1. No luck. Here is a screen shot for .VST location:http://www.grassvalley.com/assets/me..._CompGuide.pdf
    Soundsoap.png

The only catch is that the .VST folder is empty. So, no way to link.
    I would contact Sound Soap and verify whether is is Edius 8.1 and Windows 10 compatible.

I've now tried to install the trial of 5 onto:
    1. Edius 8.1 on Win 10
    2. Edius 8.1 on Win 7
    3. Edius 7.51 on Win 7

I didn't see either a 64 bit or 32 bit VST loaded into the Sound Soap location as seen in the screen shot above.
    Definitely contact Sound Soap.
    Last edited by Jerry; 01-14-2016, 11:53 PM.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

OK, you gave me a hint and now it's showing and working! One thing I had figured out, though I didn't use the knowledge correctly, was that when I active SoundSoap+5 with the code they sent me, it then copies the DLL to the expected place. Much more important is to point EDIUS to the correct version; 64-bit in this case. When that gets done, all is well.

Thanks

Comment

Have you had a chance to see if the new version suffers from the 1024-sample audio delay problem that affected Sound Soap 4?

Comment

I didn't receive a code for the trial. That would have been important info to know before I started.
          Jerry
          Six Gill DV
          www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by THoff View Post
            Have you had a chance to see if the new version suffers from the 1024-sample audio delay problem that affected Sound Soap 4?
            I'm going to answer my own question...

I took the plunge today and purchased the upgrade from SoundSoap 4 to SoundSoap 5+, and the delay is still there -- very annoying.

It's still a useful tool for noise removal, giving good results with little work and at a reasonable cost. But you either have to use the standalone application, or use the Audio Offset feature in Edius and sacrifice a second or so of the beginning of the clip to fill the SoundSoap sample buffer.

I also own WaveArts Master Restoration Suite, which is more powerful and has no audio delay. I don't understand why SoundSoap still suffers from this problem (especially since it didn't exist when SoundSoap still came bundled with Edius).

Comment

Plug-in Soundsoap 3

I have done as you describe, it does not work for me, "VSTPlugins" taken in "Effects", I do not know how to get it in place? SoundSoap 3 worked in Edius 6.5 & 7.xx!
              Originally posted by Jerry View Post
              Did you go into Settings>System Settings>Effects>Vst Plug-in Bridge and add the location of the VST? After setting this you will need to restart Edius to activate it. Grateful for proposals.

Also, is Sound Soap 5 compatible with Edius 8? I didn't see Sound Soap 4 listed as a compatible plugin here:

I just installed the trial and tried to link it within Edius 8.1. No luck. Here is a screen shot for .VST location:http://www.grassvalley.com/assets/me..._CompGuide.pdf
              [ATTACH]14761[/ATTACH]

The only catch is that the .VST folder is empty. So, no way to link.
              I would contact Sound Soap and verify whether is is Edius 8.1 and Windows 10 compatible.

I've now tried to install the trial of 5 onto:
              1. Edius 8.1 on Win 10
              2. Edius 8.1 on Win 7
              3. Edius 7.51 on Win 7

I didn't see either a 64 bit or 32 bit VST loaded into the Sound Soap location as seen in the screen shot above.
              Definitely contact Sound Soap.
              Attached Files
              Windows 10 PRO - 16GB DDR4 Ram - 16TB - Intel Core i7 7700K 4.2GHZ, 8MB Cache - SSD 128 -SSD 250GB - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti - EDIUS 8.52 - AE CS4 - 1 LG W2252 - 1 Panasonic 243V - 2st Panasonic HD HC-X920 - 2st Panasonic DVX100B

Comment

In the 'Effects' section you should have 3 options, 'After Effects Plug-in bridge', 'GPUFx' and 'VST Plug-in Bridge'. You have to add audio plug-ins into the 'VST Plug-in bridge' not the 'After Effects Plug-in bridge'

Just installed the trial version of Soundsoap 3 and Edius 8.11 sees it perfectly when added into the VST Plug-in bridge then a restart of Edius
                Last edited by Adbear; 02-16-2016, 03:29 PM.
                DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K [email protected], Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB 5400RPM Video drives, external Blu-ray Optical

Comment

maybe 8 Pro does not have a VST plugin bridge as seen as missing in his screenshot? I can see it here in 8 WG
                  Anton Strauss
                  Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

If you 're running Edius 8.1 Pro, do you have all 3 items mentioned?
                    AE BRIDGE
                    VST PLUGIN
                    GPUFX
                    Jerry
                    Six Gill DV
                    www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                      maybe 8 Pro does not have a VST plugin bridge as seen as missing in his screenshot? I can see it here in 8 WG
                      Certain unsupported VST plugins make the VST entry disappear.

It is best to cut the vst plug-ins from the location set as default. Add them one by one to find out which one is thr culprit.
                      Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
                      EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

I deactivated my Workgroup version and activated the Pro serial to test and yes, VST plugin bridge is there, so it must be a bad VST somewhere seen by EDIUS
                        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Thanks for checking.
                          Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
                          EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

SoundSoap+5

Installed SoundSoap +5 today and to my great disappointment after many hours of testing can not I get audio and video sync?
                            I tested the "Audio Offset" both + and -, nothing succeeds ????
                            Feels like "USD 128.05" is wasted money
                            Windows 10 PRO - 16GB DDR4 Ram - 16TB - Intel Core i7 7700K 4.2GHZ, 8MB Cache - SSD 128 -SSD 250GB - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti - EDIUS 8.52 - AE CS4 - 1 LG W2252 - 1 Panasonic 243V - 2st Panasonic HD HC-X920 - 2st Panasonic DVX100B

Comment

the way to work with soundsoap is to print to file, audio, PCM wav

then place the wav clip below existing and line up waveform with original, then mute original

I use Wavearts Master Restoration, it causes 0.0000% delay and has many options not found in soundsoap
                              Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                              X