Help! I can't activate Edius 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I can't activate Edius 8.1

I get the black box that says I must create an Edius ID. I log into the Edius main page & all goes fine but when I go to log into the ID page it tells me that my log in info is incorrect. What the heck???

After two days I am going nuts.

When I tried entering my serial number, I am told that my login info does not match. I checking my registered products I KNOW the serial number belongs to my login info.

What am I doing wrong?

Do you have E8 Pro or E8 Workgroup as both have slightly different activation methods. E8 Pro requires an Edius ID as well as any old account you may have used for earlier versions to register and download updates etc. The Workgroup version does not to my knowledge require an Edius ID.
    Other users may correct me on the above, also you may find links on the forum to a GV section and document that explains more details about the new methods of activation that can be rather confusing. Peter
    i9-7900X OC, Asus TUF X299 Mk2 MB, 32GB Mem, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo M,2 NVMe for OS, HDDs for work files, GTX1080Ti 11GB, Win10 Pro 1809, Edius 8.5 WG, Sony FS7 main camera

Comment

with Workgroup, you can click skip to creating an ID

with Pro, you must follow the ID creation steps correctly, any existing user login at grassvalley will not work, you need to create a new one

personally I would not use Pro
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Working...
      X