Edius Broadcast - How can you tell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
    Have you tried EdiusLM so you can combine the Broadcast dongle into the Edius 4 dongle? It's really easy.

Dave,
    In one aspect it is a pain but the upside is I have 3 versions of Edius 4. Two of those are on working machines. I can use the Broadcast dongle much as I do the Procoder 2 or 3 dongle. Whatever machine I need to be on can have those functionalities.
    I guess I have adapted to my environment.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
      Dave,
      In one aspect it is a pain but the upside is I have 3 versions of Edius 4. Two of those are on working machines. I can use the Broadcast dongle much as I do the Procoder 2 or 3 dongle. Whatever machine I need to be on can have those functionalities.
      I guess I have adapted to my environment.
      Point taken :)

If you have front USB ports, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. I use PC2 between 2 machines too, I just move around the dongle.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
        Consider yourself lucky. I went round and round with sales and tech support on this. They concluded that using both dongles was the only way to get it to work.
        According to them, in order to use the single dongle it had to be a full version of Broadcast. The version I purchased is just the Broadcast upgrade. Edius 4 was not involved in the purchase.
        The correct system of distribution:

EDIUS Pro dongle = EDIUS Pro v4 license only
        EDIUS Broadcast upgrade dongle = Canopus Codec Option, EDIUS P2 Support, EDIUS Varicam Support, EDIUS XDCAM Support, (and now, Infinity Support, JPEG 2000, GXF Exporter) licenses only.

Why no 'EDIUS Pro v4' license on the Broadcast upgrade dongle? Easy. If you had 'EDIUS Pro v4' on the Broadcast upgrade dongle, there'd be nothing stopping you from running EDIUS on two machines simultaneously, which is not what an upgrade is supposed to do. (in this case)

Now.

In SOME situations/locations, the wrong dongle may have been shipped, granting you the extra "Pro v4" license. If you are one such individual, consider yourself fortunate - you got a free copy of EDIUS, when you weren't supposed to.

End of discussion.

Comment

Luck for sale !!!

:) Joking.

Comment

Working...
          X