Edius Broadcast - How can you tell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius Broadcast - How can you tell?

I was using edius on a foreign machine the other day, and I was wondering, is there any way of being able to tell what version of Edius you are using? i.e. Broadcast or not)
    When I go out, I wear my EDIUS T-Shirt.

Without breaking out EDIUSLM.EXE - if you see presets for DVCPRO/DVCPRO HD in the project preset screens, you're running EDIUS Broadcast..

(and XDSelect will no doubt be running in the notification tray)

Comment

Thanks for that :)
      When I go out, I wear my EDIUS T-Shirt.

Comment

If there was an Edius T-shirt, I would wear it :)

So would I! :)

Mike

Comment

FOr sale: EDIUS T-SHIRT :-)
          Asus P5K64WS, Intel Core 2 Quad QX6850 Extreme CPU, Saphire HD 3850 512mb graphics, WDraptor160 OS, Highpoint Rocket raid 2310 4 x 500gig Seagate sata 2 se drives in raid 0, NXe and Edius 5.51 Imaginate 2.
          Procoder 3.06 and various Prodad add-ons

Comment

I always thought the EDIUS PRO and BROADCAST are the same program - it is the dongle that instructs the program to behave otherwise. Yes?
            TingSern
            --------------------------------------
            Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Originally posted by tingsern View Post
              I always thought the EDIUS PRO and BROADCAST are the same program - it is the dongle that instructs the program to behave otherwise. Yes?
              Correct. The codebase is the same. It's all about the dongle licenses.

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
                Correct. The codebase is the same. It's all about the dongle licenses.
                And if you have Edius Broadcast upgrade, you have to use both dongles to get it to work.
                Jerry
                Six Gill DV
                www.sgdvtutorials.com
                If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                  And if you have Edius Broadcast upgrade, you have to use both dongles to get it to work.
                  Or you can use EdiusLM to combine both dongles into one :)

Comment

Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
                    Or you can use EdiusLM to combine both dongles into one :)

Bingo! :)

Mike

Comment

I only have to use 1 dongle. ??

Comment

Maybe because you bought broadcast from the start and not an upgrade?
                        Steve
                        EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
                        A proud EDIUS EDITOR
                        For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Nope- it is an EDIUS 4 with Broadcast upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by shueardm View Post
                            Nope- it is an EDIUS 4 with Broadcast upgrade.
                            Consider yourself lucky. I went round and round with sales and tech support on this. They concluded that using both dongles was the only way to get it to work.
                            According to them, in order to use the single dongle it had to be a full version of Broadcast. The version I purchased is just the Broadcast upgrade. Edius 4 was not involved in the purchase.
                            Jerry
                            Six Gill DV
                            www.sgdvtutorials.com
                            If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                            http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                            Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Consider yourself lucky. I went round and round with sales and tech support on this. They concluded that using both dongles was the only way to get it to work.
                              According to them, in order to use the single dongle it had to be a full version of Broadcast. The version I purchased is just the Broadcast upgrade. Edius 4 was not involved in the purchase.
                              Have you tried EdiusLM so you can combine the Broadcast dongle into the Edius 4 dongle? It's really easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X