How to gain up the footage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to gain up the footage

hi guys.im doing some color correction and i need to gain up my footage a little bit.not the brightnes i need to do gain up.i use to do that with avid but here i cant find that?

Try using the sharpness filter in the video filters section.

JP
    System: Built by ON2DVD http://on2dvd.com.au
    Supermicro build X8DA3 in 743TQ-865, Dual Intel X5650 - 12 core, 24 thread , 12 GB DDR3 ECC Reg, nVidia GTX 460, WD Raptor OS + WD RE3 RAID 10 array, Dell 30" Monitor, EDIROL MA-15D speakers, Win7 Pro x64, EDIUS 6.02 & Storm 3G, Vistitle, ProCoder 3, Adobe Production Premium CS5, JVC HD101, Panny AF 102, Panny HVX202, JVC GY HM 100E, Sony NEX-5, GoPro Hero

Comment

I'm not sure I understand your expression "gain up the footage." My best guess is that you wish to compensate for underexposure. If that's so, I'd suggest you begin by applying the YUV Curve filter and adjust the Y component by dragging it North West in about the center of the line. To avoid shadow wash out you may need to pin the South West segment of the line at the first grid line intersection.
      Fred D
      Win 7 Pro-64 bit, EDIUS Workgroup 8.5, Intel Ivy Bridge i5, ASUS P8Z77-V-LK, 8GB Kningston DDR3, Pioneer BDR-209UBK, EVGA NVIDEA GEForce GT630, Corsair TX750M 750w Power Supply, 4 WD Black HDD for 3.15TB, ACEDVIO, Spark HD, eSATA controller, ANTEC 300 case.

Comment

I am also confused, but if it is as Fred suggested, apply a Screen filter that is in the Effects palette, Keyers > Blend > Screen.

Copy the clip in question, place it on a track above the original clip, place the screen filter on the top clip and then adjust the opacity of that top clip. Pretty amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
          I am also confused, but if it is as Fred suggested, apply a Screen filter that is in the Effects palette, Keyers > Blend > Screen.

Copy the clip in question, place it on a track above the original clip, place the screen filter on the top clip and then adjust the opacity of that top clip. Pretty amazing.
          Yes! this works for light or dark footage... the trick is to adjust the brightness in the lower track and use the unchanged footage in the "Screen" from above to preserve the highlights or black levels.

>copied from another thread<
          To get the most out of under/over exposed footage I like to use the "Screen" Key.
          I'm always surprised by this trick...

With a clip on the Timeline...
          Ctrl+Drag the same clip to a higher track to make a copy
          Disable the upper track
          Apply Color Balance or YVU to the lower track to darken/lighten the clip
          Enable the upper track
          Apply the "Screen" Key to the upper track
          Adjust the Key Mixer Rubberbands in the upper track for effect.

Highlights/black should be preserved despite adjusting the original clip.
          Rusty Rogers | Films
          >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
          >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
          Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Developers

I hope edius developers also read this forum because it would be a lot faster to be able to use an "ajust gain" filter (+ or - 3, 6, etc Db).

I am facing the same problem regjo.

I will start playing with the ideas i read here, but it will take a lot more of work and hdd space (because i have to use multicam when the colors/light are corrected)

Thanks,
            Rob

Comment

Working...
            X