Good News!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmelero View Post
    I think that Edius needs an video composer software, i like eyeon digital fusion. The integration of this software (or other) in the timeline is the present-future of an complete edition system. See the velocity system. This system integrates digitalfusion on timeline. Great. Please GV study this posibility. Boris red isnot an solution for me.
    In this moment i need render the clip in hq, dv, avi format to uses into timeline of edius. I dream in one integrated system.
    The filosofy of adobe is this >>> premiere + after effect + photoshop + encore + audition == all one comunicate.
    Sorry for my bad english, i am spanish

dmelero :)
    www.creavisiondigital.com
    If you need compositing, you shouldn't rely on a non linear editor to do that for you. Not even Premiere Pro does it, this is why Adobe sells bundles with After Effects (Compositing application) and uses Dynamic Link. Adobe owns those applications.

I don't think GV can create an After Effects killer or a DVDStudio Pro killer. These applications already have a tremendous user base...

Adobe is a huge conglomerate, and their #1 competition is Apple. Apple only beats out Adobe in the NLE department, but it has nothing on Adobe as far as compositing and photo manipulation (Photoshop). I don't think GV can step foot in this game because that's market is not what GV is after....I use Edius with Adobe applications without problems and have been doing so for years. I still don't touch PPro even though it's a good NLE.

I see nothing wrong with using Adobe apps and Edius together...I just wish the video out plugs would work consistently, but that's about it. I've done alot of business with Edius & Adobe applications.

Comment

I also have NO PROBLEMS using After FX and edius together - as long as AFX see's the Canopus codecs, all is sailing :)
      When I go out, I wear my EDIUS T-Shirt.

Comment

AE and Edius do work correctly together EXCEPT with the output plugin - you cannot swtch from application to application and get output to follow through the NX card. Open Edius to your project, minimise and open AE, fine, now minimise AE and open Edius again, it won't, until you fully close AE. This is a well documented pain that has not been sorted, rather like the ignored VST bridge. It appears only a few pro users are really fussed about this issue, so it doesn't carry much weight. Oh and why doesn't the timeline cursor move during renders? It used to - eeek, I'm sounding like Anton!

This with Edius 4.54 and AECS3 and NX

Paul
        Edius Edits at: http://www.vimeo.com/user781619/videos

1) AMD 3900X 12 core 4.6Ghz 2) Asus X79 4930K 6 core @4.4GHz Water Cooled. 480GB REVO3x2 System drive, 4TB Raid 0, 4 TB E-Sata Raid 5, 32GB RAM, GTX1070Ti Decklink HD Extreme. 3X Sony AX53 Sony AX700 BMPCC 4K

http://indiestereographer.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mattmatt View Post
          I also have NO PROBLEMS using After FX and edius together - as long as AFX see's the Canopus codecs, all is sailing :)
          You have to remove the AE plugin if you want to have Edius & AE running at the same time.

Or you could close Edius, then start up AE...when you're done, close up AE, then open Edius.

I am not using AECS3 under Windows anymore, strictly under OSX. I do not fully know how CS3 (Windows) works alongside Edius, but it seems to be the same as stated in the above post.

Comment

Thanks for this GV folks.
            There is a one thing i would like to see in Edius.
            I would like to see betther VST plugin bridge that will make it possible to use plugins from Waves, Izotope and many more quality audio plugins wich is not possible in Edius right now.
            That would be a big step forward, Grate video ediding with grate audio plugin support.
            JoiCam´s
            Edit station1: i7 6700K 4 ghz, 32gb ram, Edius 9 Workgroup, Davinci Resolve studio 16, 8GB GPU & Intensity Pro 4K
            2: 17" Laptop i7 w: Edius 9 Workgroup
            3: HPxw8600 dual 3ghz Xeon, STORM 3G, , Edius 7, 32 GB ram.
            4: Edius 7, Supermicro x7da8 dual 3ghz Xeon.
            Audio: Protools & Nuendo, M-Audio and Presonus interfaces, control surfaces and preamps, dual 3ghz Xeon. 16gb Ram.
            Studio monitoring: Mackie 1402-VLZ Pro mixer and Mackie HR824 Spk. Panasonic surround system.
            And more

Comment

Originally posted by mike0130 View Post
              Well, what about the serious bugs? "Destination disk too slow" bug during capture?
              Well now this is an interesting one.

It turns out to rear its head when the scene splitter is active. At this time Edius has to close the last file off and create a new file name for the next clip whilst the tape is running. I use an intenal SATA raided pair and those drives are fine for a whole HDV tape without error.

The remote disk pool (5TB) was running Sanbolic Melio FS file sharing software where the small transfers showed a very poor response speed as measured with the Atto Benchmark tester. 2K transfers showed only 2MB/sec whereas the raided pair were showing 33MB/sec at the same transfer size. The remote disks had no problem at the high end reporting 200MB/sec. Now when the new file name is created at a scene split only a small amount of data is tranferred and the response time is lousy, hence the message disk drive too slow. I reprepped the disks under NTFS and immediately the small transfer speed increased. I then updated the Axus drive firmware and got 9MB/sec on small transfers. Sanbolic admitted they had a problem with small transfer speeds and are releasing newly written software for November 07.

In the meantime I am using Tiger Technologies MetaSAN which works fine but really ties up the LAN with Metadata, so I would prefer the Sanbolic solution asssuming they issue a release which works.

Mike Sanders
              Sys4: Z10PE-D16WS MB 2xE5-2696 Xeon 64 active logical cores. EWG9. 64G RAM. Aorus GTX1080Ti. 55" Q7 1500 NIT HDR 4K TV/Storm 3G Elite/Decklink 4K 12G/8CH audio monitoring, Yamaha RXA-870 A/V. Sys1-3 EWG8 + RX-E1+HDBX1000 MIP in HP xw8600 2 x X5492 CPU 8 cores, 8Gig RAM, Quadro FX3800. All sys Fibre to central media pool - 5TB Axus Yotta RAID + QLogic Fibre Switch. Central VCR rack plus YUV & audio to viewing room with Yamaha AX1 7.1 100 watt per channel amp with 1000W sub 63" HD 3D Samsung TV

Comment

createmedia, thank you. This is interesting, but I got this message when I worked with DV footage only. And I have RAID-0 on two SATA-2 7200 disks based on ASUS P5K-E motherboard. Also there is no such a message when I use ver 4.26, it started sometime after 4.5x installation.
                But I will try to capture the whole DV tape (not divided) next time when I get this error again... Strange.
                Thanks a lot for the idea.
                mike
                Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

It turns out to rear its head when the scene splitter is active.
                  Not so in my case, Edius is set to capture without breaking the file at timecode breaks etc.
                  I still get the error.
                  System 1 - Win7 64/Edius 5.51/Asus P8/8Gb RAM/RAID0/i7 2600K OC/nVidia Quadra 600
                  System 2 - Win XP/Edius v4.61/Asus P5 DH Deluxe/4Gb RAM/RAID0/Quad Core 2.4Ghz Q6600/nVidia 9800GT 512Mb/NXHD + other stuff

Comment

Also there is no such a message when I use ver 4.26, it started sometime after 4.5x installation
                    Exactly! this is what I keep reiterating the Canopus GB but they don't seem to grasp the fact that the hardware worked perfectly well in v4.23 (and has not changed since) and the error appeared when I went to v4.5. It is due to some moody code in v4.5.
                    System 1 - Win7 64/Edius 5.51/Asus P8/8Gb RAM/RAID0/i7 2600K OC/nVidia Quadra 600
                    System 2 - Win XP/Edius v4.61/Asus P5 DH Deluxe/4Gb RAM/RAID0/Quad Core 2.4Ghz Q6600/nVidia 9800GT 512Mb/NXHD + other stuff

Comment

Anybody??
                      I am really not good on taking responsability...!

Originally posted by hvx_germanboy View Post
                      I am still with Edius 4.51c (broadcast with SP-card...) but always curious if things changed with the new update...!

My Edius is running stable and working with a lot of P2 footage, i dont have any "Big bug-isues" in 4.51c on my system (despite the fact that the disc-capture leaves me with a file without Audio at the end of the process, Edius freezes with that files/ AAF-export seems to be strange when outputting new Audio-processes more files then you are using in the project, double ammount..half of them empty...), but on the other hand i am always hopig to get some things sorted out and maybe a even moe stable version..!

I know its hard to give advices, but what do you guys think about updating to 4.45 right now?
                      Of course i am running various projects right now, but some of them are not finished inbetween the next 2 years...so maybe people working with a similar Setup/Footage who updated from 4.51c can give me some help for that decission...!

Thanks!

p.s. i want to be one of those who says: "Well done GV, Thanks for the update...!"...happy i didnt go with 4.52....!
                      Edius 6.52
                      Windows 7-64bit
                      8GB RAM
                      Intel Core I5, [email protected],40GHz

Comment

Originally posted by Stereodesign View Post
                        I do use Canopus hardware I have the NXe board installed.
                        (sorry, i understood you use a different card, must have been the graphic card i mixed up with...!)

So did you check if changing project settings to OHCI the same problem occurs?
                        Edius 6.52
                        Windows 7-64bit
                        8GB RAM
                        Intel Core I5, [email protected],40GHz

Comment

integration

I use digital fusion to my compositions, but, my petition is the integration of any composer (AE, Fusion, Combustion) directly in the time line of edius (dont render to an clip). I see this in the plugin of boris red 4.0, but with limitations (alpha channel etc,).

Sorry for my bad english :)

Comment

Originally posted by mike0130 View Post
                            Well, what about the serious bugs? "Destination disk too slow" bug during capture?
                            +1

I have the same problem with this motherboard ASUS P5K-E :(
                            Also I had the same problem with another motherboard Intel DG965RY
                            I bought ASUS P5K-E instead of Intel DG965RY to fix this problem but as a result came back to the same problem.

PS v.4.54
                            Last edited by aeclub; 11-26-2007, 07:34 AM.

Comment

I have the same problem with this motherboard ASUS P5K-E :(
                              Funny, I have same exactly motherboard...
                              Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

Wavey Playback

Originally posted by Stereodesign View Post
                                Installed Ok but in the Play and Record screens the video appears "wavey" when displaying motion.
                                I noticed the wavey video problem, as well.
                                Camera: Sony HVRZ1U
                                Software: Edius 5.11, ProCoder 3.05.91, Imaginate 2, DVDit Pro HD
                                System: Supermicro X7DA8, 2 Dual-Core Xeon (5060) 3.2GHz, 4GB RAM, (ST3750640AS) 750GB x 2 SATA
                                7200RPM RAID 0, PNY NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT (512MB), Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP, WinXP(SP2), Edius NX w/ Bay and Expansion Kit

Comment

Working...
                                X