No announcement yet.

Good News!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance of a VST and AE output plugin fix? AE and Edius open at the same time - used to be OK, but no more, and the VST thing, well what can I say?

There are so many great VST plugs, but most of them crash Edius, I know there are a few that work, but most cause "popping" or worse.

I really hope these issues are sorted soon, maybe its a wait until 5.0

Paul
    Edius Edits at: http://www.vimeo.com/user781619/videos

1) AMD 3900X 12 core 4.6Ghz 2) Asus X79 4930K 6 core @4.4GHz Water Cooled. 480GB REVO3x2 System drive, 4TB Raid 0, 4 TB E-Sata Raid 5, 32GB RAM, GTX1070Ti Decklink HD Extreme. 3X Sony AX53 Sony AX700 BMPCC 4K

http://indiestereographer.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

It seems THE DISK TO SLOW report is for MANY reasons..............It seems to be a programme response not a REAL report of a disk being to slow.

I have had it because of a background process running on the pc while I was capturing DV and I also safely disconnected a USB devise while capturing and got the message.

SO TURN OFF everything that could be running in the background and leave the pc alone while capturing.................see if that works
      Asus P5K64WS, Intel Core 2 Quad QX6850 Extreme CPU, Saphire HD 3850 512mb graphics, WDraptor160 OS, Highpoint Rocket raid 2310 4 x 500gig Seagate sata 2 se drives in raid 0, NXe and Edius 5.51 Imaginate 2.
      Procoder 3.06 and various Prodad add-ons

Comment

Originally posted by Stereodesign View Post
        Installed Ok but in the Play and Record screens the video appears "wavey" when displaying motion.
        Not visible on attached TV monitor but annoying when looking at the PC screen.
        This didn't happen with 4.52.
        I have the latest nVidia drivers for the card installed.
        Not had call to capture much yet to see if the 2disk too slow2 error is still there.
        no problem here, what overlay setting have you tried in Edius overlay settings, some work better than others depending on graphics card
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I'be been to Settings > Hardware Settings > video overlay settings and tried both Direct3D9 and DirectDraw as field and frame and the result is the same.
          I've also had a play with the quality settings in the nVidia controls.
          Nothing makes a difference.
          System 1 - Win7 64/Edius 5.51/Asus P8/8Gb RAM/RAID0/i7 2600K OC/nVidia Quadra 600
          System 2 - Win XP/Edius v4.61/Asus P5 DH Deluxe/4Gb RAM/RAID0/Quad Core 2.4Ghz Q6600/nVidia 9800GT 512Mb/NXHD + other stuff

Comment

Is there any progress on the clip trimming bug which I reported? http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...ead.php?t=2239
            Hedley Wright
            Partner - Brett Vale Studios

System: Mac Pro 2 x Quad-Core intel Xeon 6GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 8800GT 512MB, 2 BenQ FP937s 19" Wide Monitors, 200 Gb Bootcamp Window XP Pro partition, 550Gb OsX Leopard partition, RAID 0 Video drive 2 x 750Gb WD Caviar | Edius 5.11, NX Express

Comment

I'be been to Settings > Hardware Settings > video overlay settings and tried both Direct3D9 and DirectDraw as field and frame and the result is the same.
              just making sure you restarted Edius after each overlay change?
              Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

destination drive too slow

I'm agree with mike.I have this problem to.Every time i want to capture HD with my sony FX7,after a few minute stopt the capture en i have a warning "destination drive to slow".But the most strange in this problem is if i go to the capture folder i find the captured file before he stopt.So what we can do for this problem because i can't still work so with Edius.

Regards

Comment

just making sure you restarted Edius after each overlay change?
                  Yep. Restarted Edius after each change.
                  System 1 - Win7 64/Edius 5.51/Asus P8/8Gb RAM/RAID0/i7 2600K OC/nVidia Quadra 600
                  System 2 - Win XP/Edius v4.61/Asus P5 DH Deluxe/4Gb RAM/RAID0/Quad Core 2.4Ghz Q6600/nVidia 9800GT 512Mb/NXHD + other stuff

Comment

Its just a guess, and i dont know how your settings look like as you dont use a canopus-hardware: the strange "waves" on your editing screen sound like a problem with fields being displayed.(as you said, everything looks fine on TV).

I am using the SP-card,and when i change from OHCI to the SP-card, i do have the same waves of course, as EDIUS is outputting fields for CRT/TV.

So maybe its due to such a project setting...although i am still with 4.51c i guss i know what you are talking about....should look the same for everyone using NX/SP....!?!
                    Edius 6.52
                    Windows 7-64bit
                    8GB RAM
                    Intel Core I5, [email protected],40GHz

Comment

Should i update..?

I am still with Edius 4.51c (broadcast with SP-card...) but always curious if things changed with the new update...!

My Edius is running stable and working with a lot of P2 footage, i dont have any "Big bug-isues" in 4.51c on my system (despite the fact that the disc-capture leaves me with a file without Audio at the end of the process, Edius freezes with that files/ AAF-export seems to be strange when outputting new Audio-processes more files then you are using in the project, double ammount..half of them empty...), but on the other hand i am always hopig to get some things sorted out and maybe a even moe stable version..!

I know its hard to give advices, but what do you guys think about updating to 4.45 right now?
                      Of course i am running various projects right now, but some of them are not finished inbetween the next 2 years...so maybe people working with a similar Setup/Footage who updated from 4.51c can give me some help for that decission...!

Thanks!

p.s. i want to be one of those who says: "Well done GV, Thanks for the update...!"...happy i didnt go with 4.52....!
                      Edius 6.52
                      Windows 7-64bit
                      8GB RAM
                      Intel Core I5, [email protected],40GHz

Comment

look like as you dont use a canopus-hardware
                        I do use Canopus hardware I have the NXe board installed.

Comment

The most important for me

I think that Edius needs an video composer software, i like eyeon digital fusion. The integration of this software (or other) in the timeline is the present-future of an complete edition system. See the velocity system. This system integrates digitalfusion on timeline. Great. Please GV study this posibility. Boris red isnot an solution for me.
                          In this moment i need render the clip in hq, dv, avi format to uses into timeline of edius. I dream in one integrated system.
                          The filosofy of adobe is this >>> premiere + after effect + photoshop + encore + audition == all one comunicate.
                          Sorry for my bad english, i am spanish

dmelero :)
                          www.creavisiondigital.com

Comment

I do use Canopus hardware I have the NXe board installed.
                            I use Edius SP with an older AGP slot graphics card GeForce FX5700, no problems at all, overlay has no wavey appearance in SP hardware mode or OHCI only mode

I use Direct Draw Overlay/Frame
                            Anton Strauss

Comment

I get the wavy-ness too. Resizing the monitor window helps.
                              Rusty Rogers | Films
                              >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
                              >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
                              Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Fusion is hugely expensive, like $4,995 US. It is in a different market to Edius. Having said that GV need to allow developers better access so more plug-ins can be made for Edius. Not only that but the SDK has to allow more seemless operation. Boris Red plugs in at the moment but its implementation is a little restricted. Anton has made some comments regarding this. Despite this perhaps you could give Boris Red a try and see how it works for you as it does have some compositing features

Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X