Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim N
    replied
    After all this I found a Canopus Utility called Canopus DV File Converter that would have converted my files OK without having to recapture. Details from the readme file follows. Apparently everyone, including me who already had it on my PC, forgot about this little application. I wonder if it is still available to download from the Canopus utilities section?

Jim

Canopus DV File Converter Readme

Thank you for installing the Canopus DV File Converter!
    This ReadMe file contains information about the DV File Converter that were recently changed or enhanced. Please check this ReadMe before using your software.

What's inside in this document

(1) Function of this software
    (2) Operation
    (3) Registered Trademarks and Trademarks
    (4) Revision Dates

-WARRENTY-------------------------------------------------------------

CANOPUS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS OR OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS PRODUCT. THIS INCLUDES DAMAGE TO PROPERTY AND, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURY. THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1) Function of this software
    This software converts between all Microsoft DV file formats and all Canopus DV file formats. The conversion is lossless: there is no decompression/recompression involved. You can also copy Canopus reference files to another location.

This software also supports batch processing, so you can convert multiple files at one time.

(2) Operation
    Drag one or multiple AVI files to the Canopus DV File Converter icon on your desktop. The dialog will open and you can select target format and directory.

You can also click on the Canopus DV File Converter icon, and Drag and Drop a list of DV files on the Application, or click "Browse" and select files from the opening dialog box.

After you select your source AVI, click "Process". The files will be created.

(3) Registered Trademarks and Trademarks
    Canopus is a registered trademark of Canopus Corporation and Canopus Co., Ltd.
    Windows, Microsoft are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
    All other registered trademarks and trademarks belong to their respective holders.

(4) Revision dates

The version number stated here is given to product as a whole. A different version number may be given to separate applications or drivers.

------------------------------------
    Version 1.1 Release: 7/6/2001
    ------------------------------------
    First release.

__________________________________________________ ______________________
    Copyright (C) 2001 Canopus Corporation. All rights reserved.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    I've been capturing MSDV footage via Scenalyzer for over a year now. Files work everywhere. Edius, Premiere Pro, After Effects, FCP, you name it.

The days of re-rendering DV footage are gone...I just use Canopus HQ as the renderer in Edius, so I can retain a higher color bandwidth when I re-render DV footage in Edius.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    You are correct... I read that completely wrong!! :)

Mike

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_MD View Post
    Type 2!! Type one has a file size limit on it and is a pain to work around :)
    See, even the Jollymon got confused...
    AVI2, aka DirectShow AVI, flagged as Microsoft DV codec.

If you're working with old Canopus ___Edit apps, then AVI1, aka VfW AVI, flagged as Canopus DV codec.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Type 1 DV AVI for most things, Type 2 DV AVI if you need VfW compatibility, which most shouldn't need unless you're using VirtualDub or something.

Careful no to confuse Type 1 and Type 2 DV AVI with AVI1 and AVI2 as they're opposite (Type 1 DV AVIs are AVI2 files...)

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    Type 2!! Type one has a file size limit on it and is a pain to work around :)

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Blast1
    replied
    leave it as Microsoft DV.
    Type 1 or Type 2??

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Yeah, these days the only time you should be capturing/outputing as Canopus DV is if you're taking the output to an Ez/Raptor/Rex/Storm Edit system. Other than that, leave it as Microsoft DV.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    Just make sure the capture is set to the MS Codec... that should be universal :)

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Jim N
    replied
    Actually the customer will be using the hard drive as the source not the tapes. I have just started recapturing them, now a little wiser.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• jaegersing
    replied
    If you set DV Capture to capture as MS format files you should not have any compatibility problems.

Richard

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Well if the customer takes the tapes there should be no problem because all nle's can capture dv.
    So????

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Capture using MS DV or you'll be asking for trouble! Canopus codec is for Canopus hardware.

Leave a comment:

• Jim N
    started a topic Type of file with DV Capture

Type of file with DV Capture

I am using DV Capture to transfer about 17 tapes to a hard drive. The customer is going to take thoses tapes away and edit them themselves with a I-dont-know-what editing program. Are those tapes universaly recognisable or do I need a Canopus codec with them, and if so how is this used?

Jim
Working...
X