Edius Pro 8.1 Catastrophic Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius Pro 8.1 Catastrophic Failure

I have been editing with the latest version of Edius since it was released. No issues. December 11, 2015, Windows 10 apply updates. Opened my current project and received Cannot open project, Catastrophic Failure. I cannot open any project. Applied system restore before update, and I still get the same error message. I have been creating the crash reports saving them in a folder. How do I send them to Edius? This is my first time to encounter this scenario. Please help me. Of course I was at end of project and close to export. Thank you so much.
    Edius Pro 8, Version 8.10, Xidax, Motherboard MSI X99 SLI Plus Black, Processor Intel Core i7/5820K, Memory DDR4/D4G2400 4 X 4 GB 16GB, Xidax Performance 256 GB SSD, Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980i 6GB GDDR5, Windows 10 Home Premium 64-Bit, Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2, Corsair RM850 Watt Power Supply, Black Magic Intensity Pro 4K

You can try renaming or deleting the MstrPsDb.tpd file at this location
    Attached Files
    1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Have you tried uninstalling the latest updates?
      Have you tried an earlier version of the project?
      Jerry
      Six Gill DV
      www.sgdvtutorials.com
      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Hello. I uninstalled the software, tried to reinstall 8.1 and received an error message that Edius could not install, that there were errors in a log that needed to be addressed first. I saved the log. I read it but have no idea what is means. I am currently downloading the Edius Software v8.00b0077 Full Installer, Released: 2015-06-25, Size 459mb.
        Edius Pro 8, Version 8.10, Xidax, Motherboard MSI X99 SLI Plus Black, Processor Intel Core i7/5820K, Memory DDR4/D4G2400 4 X 4 GB 16GB, Xidax Performance 256 GB SSD, Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980i 6GB GDDR5, Windows 10 Home Premium 64-Bit, Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2, Corsair RM850 Watt Power Supply, Black Magic Intensity Pro 4K

Comment

I had success with this version. I will continue to edit and complete my project. I have not solved the initial reason for this post. I have several crash reports. What is the best email to communicate with Grass Valley with these reports? Have these reports immediately solved this situation in the past? Thank you for your communication and this forum.

Comment

@ Grass Valley Ms Moderator, thank you for that suggestion. Once I get through this project, I will try your suggestion and report back in this thread. I would really like to learn the nature of this issue.

Comment

I created a case with Grass Valley. I have tried every suggestion I have read on the forums, I emailed error reports, I received a checklist work through from Albert A. The following is what he sent to me to try. Still no resolution after working through his suggestions. I am sure Grass Valley is very busy with the implementation of Windows 10 support. I throw myself at the mercy of the forum. I love this Edit software and Im looking forward to future success with it.

When Edius is hanging or crashing there are multiple factors that could be causing this. Please go through ALL of the following to ensure that none of the below are causing issues with Edius.

MSCONFIG: Generally, you want to minimize ALL other programs that will take up CPU and disk access. To do this, follow these steps.

1) Click the start button and type MSCONFIG into the search prompt and hit enter
              2) This starts “System configuration Utility”, select the SERVICES Tab.
              3) Click the “Hide all Microsoft Services” checkbox in the lower left corner.
              4) Click on the DISABLE ALL Button
              5) Go through the services list and re-enable anything you think is Critical.
              Edius Critical: Flexnet Licensing Service, Flexnet Licensing Service 64

Edius Elite K2: Flexnet Licensing Service, Flexnet Licensing Service 64, CvfsPM, Grass Valley K2 Config, Product Frame Discovery Agent

PLEASE NOTE: If you do not see all these services, that may be OK. However any that you DO see should be re-check boxed.

6) For Windows 7, Click on the STARTUP Tab. For Windows 8 see note below.
              7) Click the Disable ALL, Find the “EDIUS” entry and re-enable.
              8) Re-enable anything you feel is Critical.
              9) Reboot

For Windows 8, you will need to start the Task Manager application. Select the Startup tab and individually deselect each entry.

ANTI-VIRUS: Generally, Anti-virus should be DISABLED while editing. However some IT dept. will not allow this. To _help_ with the issue, below are the following directories that you should exclude from “Active scans” (These are scans that run through all files on a HDD typically in a scheduled manner) and “Real Time” (These are memory scans and File access scans that happen in real time)scans.

Mandatory: This is a required directory to be Excluded, including _any_ subdirectory. Depending on Operating system and which version of edius is installed you may not have all these directories, but any that are found should be excluded.

C:\PROGRAM FILES(x86)\ GRASS VALLEY
              C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRASS VALLEY

Optional: This is optional but we have seen performance improvements when the Edius Projects folder is excluded.

The project locations directory: V:\EDIUS PROJECTS

Edge Cases: In some really aggressive cases with anti-virus, the Edius settings directories may need to also be excluded.

C:\USERS\<USERNAME>\APPDATA\ROAMING\GRASS VALLEY
              C:\PROGRAMDATA\GRASS VALLEY

Drive Space: Drive space should _always_ be below 80%. This includes the operating system drive and any drive that Edius is using. IE: Video drives. Also of note is that the drives should be defragmented on a regular basis if they are _not_ SSD.

Drivers: All drivers should be updated to their latest versions. Please reference the manufacturer of your PC to verify you have all the latest drivers.

BIOS: Your bios should be the latest version available. Please check with the manufacturer of your PC or motherboard for assistance checking/updating.

Power Management: Make sure the system power managements are disabled, including network ports, USB ports, HDD, video cards, etc.

Once you have completed all of the steps above, let me know if your issue is resolved or if you require further support.

Thank you,

Albert A. | Grass Valley, A Belden Brand | Technician

Comment

Thank you Albert A. You solved my problem back in 2016. I am revisiting your notes today.

Comment

Working...
                X