Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alanlacey
    replied
    No, my bad. Sorted it now with a bit more experimentation. Still got the FCP(legacy) mindset with markers I guess!

Many thanks to all of you

A

Leave a comment:

• alanlacey
    replied
    Thanks Jerry ; - so nearly there for me. Yes putting the clip on the TL multiple times, then opening each TL clip in the player, adding markers allows me to have copies of the same clip with different marker positions, so half way there:-) But I cannot get my marker comments to stick on any of the clips. Have you managed to achieve this as well?

A

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    I just did this:

1. I placed a 19min clip on the timeline.
    2. Applied Markers.
    3. Imported the original clip from the bin into the player
    4. Put in and out markers covering the entire clip
    5. Sent the entire clip to the bin as a subclip
    6. Opened a new sequence
    7. Put the subclip into the new sequence
    8. Applied markers to this clip

I then toggled between the two sequences and the markers are different.

Try this and see if that is what you are after.

Leave a comment:

• alanlacey
    replied
    No that didn't work either David - what a bummer, I really had high hopes of that! Only way seems to be Anton's suggestion of duplicating the clip on the drive - making a physical copy. As my clip's c.14GB I really don't want to have to make too many of those.

And sadly TL markers in the original sequence don't appear as clip markers in the nest! That would be very useful if implemented.

Yes, rippling markers are a Godsend to me too Anton.

Leave a comment:

• alanlacey
    replied
    No, didn't try that David, I'll give that a go asap - great idea Ta!

Leave a comment:

• David Clarke
    replied
    I have not tried this but have you tried importing the clip a second time and adding markers to that?

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I like the timeline markers because they now ripple

Leave a comment:

• alanlacey
    replied
    Thanks Anton, yes I considered the first option but thought it very wasteful, and did the second before posting. It's strange that there's no alternative type of clip that will accommodate different markers. I wonder what happens to TL markers when you nest the sequence as a clip, I'll try that now.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by alanlacey View Post
    I have a single very long clip (>1hr) in a project and I'd like to make a number of copies of it, each of which will have different clip markers. I tried duplicating the clip in the bin, deleting the existing markers, replacing them with new ones, but this also changed the marker positions in the original clip.

What am I doing wrong? I guess I need a different sort of 'duplicate' clip that I can insert the new markers into. (??a subclip) how do I go about creating these?

Thanks
    are timeline markers an option? if so, drag the clip in as many new sequences you need and set timeline markers

Leave a comment:

• kpot
    replied
    Originally posted by alanlacey View Post
    ... how do I go about creating these?

Thanks
    What if you copy the clip first in windows and import all the (renamed) copies?
    // Drawback: Many WIN-Files ===> great storagespace
    kurt

Leave a comment:

• alanlacey
    started a topic clips, subclips & markers in E8

clips, subclips & markers in E8

I have a single very long clip (>1hr) in a project and I'd like to make a number of copies of it, each of which will have different clip markers. I tried duplicating the clip in the bin, deleting the existing markers, replacing them with new ones, but this also changed the marker positions in the original clip.

What am I doing wrong? I guess I need a different sort of 'duplicate' clip that I can insert the new markers into. (??a subclip) how do I go about creating these?

Thanks
Working...
X