Problem Updating ProCoder Express for EDIUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Updating ProCoder Express for EDIUS

I downloaded the latest version (4.54). Running the update. When it comes to update ProCoder Express - after running to about 80%, it gave me this error box ....

Component Transfer Error

Component: Common Files
    File Group: System Presets
    File: <svSystemPresetsFolder>\
    Error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

How do I fix this problem? I reran the updater again - same problem. Thanks.
    TS
    TingSern
    --------------------------------------
    Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

was the temp folder emptied before installation?

you can also uninstall the existing PCE from add/remove programs and then run the 4.54 installer again

you can also install 4.54 without PCE, untick it

then install it later on its own by clicking the setup file in the 4.54 Tools/PCE folder
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Unfortunately, I tried to uninstall PCE - it says "100% complete". But the program (PCE) is still there - also, the uninstaller remains in the Add/Remove Programs after I ran it.

Temp folder - I went in and delete everything ... before I ran the PCE installer.

Problem is still there, after I rerun the installer ... by going tnto the 4.54 Setup and run the PCE installer directly.
      TingSern
      --------------------------------------
      Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

reboot PC, empty temp folder, then try PCE uninstall in control panel

if that fails, you may have some registry corruption?
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Procoder Express problem

Hi
          I had the exact same problem as tingsern. Thanks to Anton for the help. I cleaned out the temp folder, I could then uninstall Procoder express and do a new install with the 4.61 update. Everythings working fine again.

Edius Braodcast 4.61 with DVX
          Intel Core 2 6600 @ 2.4GHz 1GB RAM

Comment

Working...
          X