BIOS settings please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIOS settings please

As I wrote here I have "Destination disk too slow" message when capturing- not all the time, but very often with 4.5x and do not have it with 4.26. The main difference is the new overlay feature. I am using P5K-E motjerboard, Quad Extreme processor etc. Board P5K is one of approved for use with GV/Canopus hardware, I have NX Express.
    Is it possible to publish here RECOMMENDED BIOS SETTINGS for P5K board? Maybe it is not a bad idea, because P5K is popular and those settings will help some of us to "speak the same language"? What for me, I will print them and set them on my computer BIOS, hope this may help.
    Thank you
    mike
    Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

I'll second that. Good suggestion.
    How about the Bios setting for all the recommended MoBo's?
    System 1 - Win7 64/Edius 5.51/Asus P8/8Gb RAM/RAID0/i7 2600K OC/nVidia Quadra 600
    System 2 - Win XP/Edius v4.61/Asus P5 DH Deluxe/4Gb RAM/RAID0/Quad Core 2.4Ghz Q6600/nVidia 9800GT 512Mb/NXHD + other stuff

Comment

GV, please! It may help a lot!
      Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

Originally posted by mike0130 View Post
        As I wrote here I have "Destination disk too slow" message when capturing- not all the time, but very often with 4.5x and do not have it with 4.26. The main difference is the new overlay feature. I am using P5K-E motjerboard, Quad Extreme processor etc. Board P5K is one of approved for use with GV/Canopus hardware, I have NX Express.
        Is it possible to publish here RECOMMENDED BIOS SETTINGS for P5K board? Maybe it is not a bad idea, because P5K is popular and those settings will help some of us to "speak the same language"? What for me, I will print them and set them on my computer BIOS, hope this may help.
        Thank you
        mike
        Have you tried setting the bios to defaults and going from there?
        Jerry
        Six Gill DV
        www.sgdvtutorials.com
        If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
        http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Hi,

I think that GV test all MB's in default mode and not use a special setting.
          Rob

www.volkenkunde.nl

Edius Broadcast 4.54| 3X SP hardware 1 NX | Dual Xeon 3.2 Supermicro | Carbon coder

Comment

Rob is correct, and if a special BIOS setting is required, it is listed in the notes for that board entry.

Comment

I'll third that.

Comment

Working...
              X