• Show
Clear All

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Can't wait for 16x BD burners :D

Leave a comment:

• Khoi Pham
    replied
    The second generation DL Sony 4X burner are out, I'm about the get one after I get a big check from this job. (-:, also Panasonic and LG about to come out with their second generation also.

Leave a comment:

• Blast1
    replied
    No it doesn't and probably wont.
    I sort of heard mumbles about it, The rest of the BD burners I've looked at are in the same boat, but at least they are on the market, the HD-DVD burners are hen's teeth, they probably are tied to a promotion gig by Britney Spears ;)

Leave a comment:

• shueardm
    replied
    The next big thing I am waiting for is a quality H264 software encoder. Don't know about using Encore to do it.

Leave a comment:

• shueardm
    replied
    No it doesn't and probably wont.

Let's not get carried away with DL BD-R discs, from what I have heard they are next to useless at the moment. SONY's first generation DL BD drive was a failure, promising 50GB on one DL disc is great, however Speedlabs did a test with one burning almost 50GB data (not video) to a SONY DL disc and the analysis showed too many errors at the layer break. They reported to SONY and SONY showed them the silent treatment.

Leave a comment:

• Blast1
    replied
    Pioneer BDR-202
    Does this one do DL BD out of the box or does it need a firmware upgrade?

Leave a comment:

• kwshaw1
    started a topic First full Blu-ray disc

First full Blu-ray disc

I just started preparing my first full Blu-ray disc image using about 45 GB worth of Edius HQ files being processed by Adobe CS3 into MPEG2 format at 1440 x 1080 resolution. At the current rate of progress it looks like it will take several hours to transcode all the footage, but at least that's an unattended process. I'm also happy to report that Encore CS3 is pretty easy to use, although it appears it needs Photoshop installed on the same machine to do any significant editing of the menu. If you have an old copy of Premiere (or Encore) you can buy the CS3 upgrade for $299, which is the best deal I could find for proper Blu-ray authoring with menus.

I'm using a Pioneer BDR-202 Blu-ray burner which worked fine for doing a test burn a while back, and a TDK BD-RE disc for testing purposes. Bought the hardware/software/discs from Videoguys for about $925 using one of their bundle deals. And I've already got one videographer offering to pay me to make Blu-ray discs for him, so hopefully I can absorb some of the upgrade cost that way.

Good stuff! :-)
    Last edited by kwshaw1; 11-14-2007, 09:11 PM.
Working...
X