Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chroma keyer for Edius 8

Hi.

What's the best keyer plug for Edius 8? The material is basic subject mid shots against a very clean green screen, both with good light. I'm looking to key 8 bit H264 UHD to export with the alpha as UHD HQX for further import into UHD and 1080 project resolutions. I don't use a dedicated GPU, but render times aren't a factor, just the cleanest alpha/HQX files, which can be used as realtime assets in other projects. I've tried the built in keyer, but need something better, especially for the key lines on female hair.

Cheers,
    Dave.
    Checkout my Edius video at www.Edius.co.uk

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

There are several keyers for Edius. The last line in your requirements killed all but one of them. Robuskey is the only Edius keyer that can do hair properly.
    NB can come close on everything else, but it just can't do hair. It comes out in clumps.
    Boris Red can do an adequate job.

The drawback to Robuskey is you can see some noise in blacks. They have been aware of this issue for quite some time. Download the demo from here:
    https://www.isp.co.jp/products/robus...r_Video_en_win

I can live with a little noise, but a bad hair key will draw far more attention than a little black noise.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Thanks Jerry.

That's everything I need to know. I've sent a PM.

Cheers,
      Dave.
      Checkout my Edius video at www.Edius.co.uk

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Comment

I only shoot clean green screen and record using 4:2:2

so the Newblue Chroma Key Pro works great and clean for me and is realtime when source is 4:2:2

I also have Robuskey but I avoid it at this stage because of noise in blacks
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Working...
        X