Creating menu button with varied end result

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating menu button with varied end result

Ok, I'm editing the video with Edius, which gets my using edius noted......

I wish we had a forum for ask the expert on non GV products.

My son is in the middle of a project where he'd like a menu with a button which gives a different video result each time it is pressed, like the game dvds, such as who wants to be a millionaire etc.

Just in case anyone here has already done this, you may be able to help point me in the right direction!!

Can you pm or email me the app(s) you used?
    I have Ulead WS which can't do it, I suspect I need to delve into VM code, from the reading I've been doing, but I should imagine there is an app out there that can do this.

Thanks, and sorry for being off topic, but it's a shame to waste such a large bandwidth of communal knowledge

Graham
    www.myvideoproblems.com
    Microsoft MVP in Digital Media

Edius 4.61, NX Express, xp sp2

You'll need a high-end DVD authoring application that lets you get to the code behind things. When I took the Spruce DVDMaestro training back in the day, I made my menu select a random option after so many minutes of inactivity.

Remember that you're limited to 99 chapters. I don't remember off-hand what the limit is on number of titles on a DVD... It might be 10, might be more.

If it doesn't have to play on a DVD player, it'd be much easier to do something in Flash, or web-based.

Comment

My best interactive authoring experience has been with a Mac using DVD Studio Pro.

I am a PC user, so it was difficult to transition into an entirely new platform. But the feature set is awesome! Perfect for true, interactive content. Thankfully, I was able to use elementary streams exported from my PC.

My current projects don't require such detailed authoring, but DVD Studio Pro was well worth my investment for the interactive projects I've worked on.

Comment

DVD Studio Pro has its roots in Spruce's DVDMaestro. I may end up with a Mac just for that...

Comment

I use DVD-Lab Pro (cheap) and it does Random with ease

simply add a random component to connection view, double click it and load all movies you wish

then link the menu button to the random component
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Thanks all.
            Forgot to say he's at Uni and they all use Mac's, so I'll tell him to look at DVD Studio Pro.
            In the mean time I'll look at DVD Lab Pro, see who gets there first :)

I don't want to spend to much as it's only an assignment he's doing. He is full of artisticness, but then we need to find a way of accomplishing his thoughts.

It is also going to be web based, which doing it in Flash isn't a problem, but his idea is to supply dvds as well.

Thanks for lettting the thread run.

Graham
            www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

Originally posted by skier-hughes View Post
              Thanks for lettting the thread run.

Graham
              I'd probably suggest though, that replies be routed through PM, if it's going to remain off-topic..

Comment

To follow up on my post.

I ended up making a new menu for each different answer and each answer takes you on a menu, so it does appear to be random, whilst actually not being.

As each person will effectively only use it once it doesn't really matter, but if a family of 2/3 chilfdren use it all at the same time a different answer will be displayed each time, as there are 19 variables on the one dvd, with 50 menus, so after the first 19 have been shown the next 31 will be the same end result but in a different order. Returning then to menu one and so on.
                The second dvd has fewer options but again follows the same principle.

For anyone in the UK who is visiting Lancaster on 21st December, why not go take a peak, here is some info

http://www.lancasterukonline.net/wha....htm#thismonth

Fri 21 Alternative Christmas Grottoes in Market Sq. For one day only, in Lancaster’s Market Square, shoppers and children alike will be given the opportunity to experience a different sort of Christmas Grotto. There will be a choice of two in the square, both offering atypical and distinctive experiences which question our modern perceptions of Christmas. A visit to either Grotto will still maintain the magic of the festive period, just in a different way. These Grottoes are for children of all ages from 1 to 100, in fact they may be particularly appealing to adults. The Grottoes, which will be free and open to all, have been created by two groups of students from the Interactive Arts course at Manchester Metropolitan University.

Thanks for all the input.

The discs are also being sent to a variety of local "to me", "Manchester" and "Lancaster" Childrens Hospices, in the hope that it brightens their Xmas this year.

Graham
                www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

Working...
                X