2 things...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 things...

Just diving into version 7 (and soon 8).

Saw this, and it made me SOOOOOOO happy!!!!! (see image attached)
    TY GV

but also, I need to make DVD's with good menus. Usually, I use Encore and Photoshop. With 6, I used to use Anton's method with TMPGNE to downscale to SD and bring that elementary file into encore. I understand i can do that now thru Edius from the time line - that is exciting! NO, I have not played around with menus in Edius - historically not as robust.
    Is there a tutorial for optimizing settings within Edius for excellent output like there was in TMPGNE OR is there a "do this" for Edius like Anton has for TMPGNE?
    I DID search the forum first, didn't really see what i was looking for, so thought I'd ask

THANKS GUYS!
    Attached Files
    Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.

I mentioned this to you when we were getting your DVD to work. Anton has a step by step for this as well.
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...downscale.html

There are fewer steps to this method.

You should still have my phone number, so.....if you run into problems, just give me a call.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Thanks Jerry!!!! Yes, I remember that conversation but I was not IN 7 yet, and was trying to figure out the 6 issue.
      I do still have your number - thanks for still offering the help!
      Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.

Comment

Hi Sherri, I still use TMPGenc approach as I find it to have a better encode for long programs as EDIUS will only do a 1 pass encode. For a program over about 80 mins or so TMPGenc 2 pass VBR is noticeably better especially with movement like a dance show.

Ron Evans
        Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 17

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

REALLY???? hmmm THAT is excellent info.I did a quick test pass with Edius to Encore, and it looked good. However, it was NOT a long test. I'll have to see how it looks with a long test. THANK you for the info!!!

Comment

It comes down to the content. If it has a lot of motion then the TMPGE method would definitely be better.
            Also, if you start reducing bitrate to fit the project onto a disc, TMPGE would be better for that.
            You can always do the downrez in Edius and export to HQ/HQX and import into TMGPE to encode for Encore.

Where you are churning out a lot of product fast, I would look at the same footage created by a straight Edius procedure and that of a TMPGE procedure and compare the two.

Can you see the difference? More importantly, will the client see the difference?
            Is the extra time spent worth the difference?

You do have options with E7/E8 that you didn't have with E6.
            Jerry
            Six Gill DV
            www.sgdvtutorials.com
            If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
            http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
            Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

As Jerry says you should try yourself to see the difference on the length of program and motion. All my projects are about 2 hours or longer and I edit in HD and export a HQX file for TMPGenc to downrez and encode in one process.

Just doing this with a play of 2 hours and 12 mins now and time to export HQX was 22 mins , downrez and encode 2 pass VBR at 4050 with TMPGenc is about 2 hours 30 mins. For this length of program on a DVD a lot slower than EDIUS export but there is a noticeable difference in quality. I author with DVDArchitect so when DVD is done I export a Bluray file from EDIUS timeline using Quicksync and replace media in DVDArchitect and get my Bluray with the same menus etc.

Playing back the Bluray or DVD with my upscaling Bluray player to my 240Hz Sony TV my wife has difficulty seeing the difference until I point out specifics. Even then she is not that impressed !!! Similar results from my PS3 to Panasonic plasma TV. For long programs 2 pass is essential I think.

Ron Evans
              Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 17

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

great info, and I am going to do some tests to see which works better. The edit I'll have is about 1hr 15 min, so... about the limit for what Ron says Edius looks good. This will be a good test with BOTH methods.

I still have a bit of editing to do on it - so I'll let you know

Thanks, gentlemen!

Comment

Working...
                X