Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 automatically upgrade or not

Hello

I am working with 2 computers under windows 7.

The first is only for office jobs and the upgrade is automatically done... somedays when shutting down. Never met a problem.

The second is for Edius 5.51 editing and the automatic upgrade of windows 7 is disable. Never met a problem.

Question : is it a good idea to set the Edius editing computer to automatic upgrade of windows 7 ? ... or respect the idea of : "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Haddock
    Yvon durieux alias "Haddock" Belgium GMT + 2

Sorry for my poor english, I am french native speaking

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, [email protected], 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.54.6706 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.

I think the general opinion is to disable the automatic update of Windows. Personally, I never had a problem with the automatic updates on my 'general purpose' PC
    System: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro, Win10, i9 9900K, 16 Gb RAM 3200MHz, M2 SSD 250Gb for OS and Edius, M2 SSD 500Gb for projectfiles, several HDD for archieving, dual screen Benq PD2700U, GTX1070, Corsair H115i Watercooling, E9.5WG, Mercalli V4, TPMG Authoring Works 5, Davinci Resolve, Sony fdr-ax700

Comment

I don't allow Windows to update automatically:
      When I get the information that there are some new important updates I do the following:
      1) I make a systemimage from my actual (=well working) system
      2) and only then I carry out the updates.
      regards kurt
      Intel core i7-6700K / ASUS Z170A / 32 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 530 / SSD Systemdrive / Gigabyte GeForce GT 1070 / Win-10/64 Pro (V-1809) / EDIUS-9.52 (6153)-WG / Mercalli (V2, V4 and V5 Plugin/64bit) / Resolve-16.2.4 Studio / Zonealarm(Firewall etc) / ImgBurn / PowerDVD etc.
      // Read > Test > Understand

Comment

I have automatic updates disabled on all Win7 PC

I do it manually once a month when I have nothing to do

also be sure to untick and hide the update that causes the Win10 update notification to appear in the taskbar if you do not wish this notification

http://microsoft-news.com/how-to-rem...and-windows-8/
        If you are not interested in Windows 10, you can remove this program from your PC. Go to Windows Update->Installed update, remove KB3035583. Also, you need to hide the update again in windows updates to prevent it from auto installing again since this is marked “important”.
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Thanks to all for these very complete and clear answers.

This forum is really animated by reliable people....

I have Not much time and knowledge to more participate ... helaaas
          Yvon durieux alias "Haddock" Belgium GMT + 2

Sorry for my poor english, I am french native speaking

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, [email protected], 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.54.6706 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.

Comment

Working...
          X