Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ulisse
    • May 2007

Originally posted by Ron Evans
    This was done with luma key mask, copied to two tracks above with YUV and color boost. Very quick so could be improved with some work.
    Ron Evans,
    I'm thinking it over before making up my mind what is the best method to increase the quality of that clip.
    A lonesome traveler looking for lost tribes around the world: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdv...DrZCaaw/videos
    CPU: Intel i9 7940X
    MOTHERBOARD: Asus PRIME X299-DELUXE
    VIDEOCARD: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti
    SSD Drive:
    (C) 512GB Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2 NVMe (Windows 10)
    (D) 2TB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 2TB SATA III 6Gbit/s (for video exporting)
    (E) 1TB Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2 NVMe (for video editing)​​

Comment

• kpot
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by lotn
      ... Chrominance key with inside filter combining YUV curve + 3CC + Color balance...
      Can you give your exact settings (screenshots) of
      - Chrominance key
      - YUV
      - 3CC and
      - Colorbalance
      to us???
      Could be of generally interest.
      Thanks in advance - kurt
      HW: ASUS Z170-A; Proz: i7-6700K; RAM: 32 GB DDR4; GPU: RTX-3070, 8GB GDDR5; SSD: SAMSUNG-850-Pro, 500 GB
      SW: WIN-10/64 PRO (22H2-19045-2364​​), Firefox u.a.
      NLE: EDIUS-11.11.14138-WG​​​​​​​; RESOLVE-18.6.6.0007 Studio
      // Read > Test > Understand

Comment

• lotn
        • Jul 2013

Here is an enhanced version that uses an elliptical mask centered on the subject (avoids side effects on the vegetals).

Inside the mask area the chrominance filter is applied in order to focus on the person body only. Then the Combine Filters plugin is set as the Inside filter of the Chrominance filter. Now we have a filter chain to fiddle with:

YUV curve pushes the luma high to get some light
        3CC raises saturation and touches contrast for shadow and midtones. Highlights are completely desatured.
        Color Balance does the final touch to get more color pop, adjust ligth/contrast and color temperature. This is definitively the filter to play with if you want to adjust my rough settings.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by lotn; 10-05-2015, 03:55 PM.
        E8W
        Desktop: Seven Ultimate | P8Z68-vPro 16GB | [email protected] | GTX560Ti | FW410 | U2711 | SDM205k | Shuttle Pro
        Misc: HVR-A1 | GH2

Comment

• lotn
          • Jul 2013

prev post cont'd. The whole filter set is in the attached ZIP archive. Unzip it, then import the preset file into EDIUS, you should be able to apply it directly on your footage.
          Attached Files
          E8W
          Desktop: Seven Ultimate | P8Z68-vPro 16GB | [email protected] | GTX560Ti | FW410 | U2711 | SDM205k | Shuttle Pro

Comment

• Ulisse
            • May 2007

prev post cont'd. The whole filter set is in the attached ZIP archive. Unzip it, then import the preset file into EDIUS, you should be able to apply it directly on your footage.
            lotn,
            thanks for your availability. I have added that whole filter (in the zip) on my clip but the clip doesn't look like the picture. I see the clip with very high contrast. I don't understand why the picture looka better.
            I attach you a pic of that clip.
            Attached Files
            A lonesome traveler looking for lost tribes around the world: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdv...DrZCaaw/videos
            CPU: Intel i9 7940X
            MOTHERBOARD: Asus PRIME X299-DELUXE
            VIDEOCARD: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti
            SSD Drive:
            (C) 512GB Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2 NVMe (Windows 10)
            (D) 2TB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 2TB SATA III 6Gbit/s (for video exporting)
            (E) 1TB Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2 NVMe (for video editing)​​

Comment

• lotn
              • Jul 2013

It probably happens because I did it on some grab of a frame which may not be the same color space.

You can raise light amplification with steeper yuv curve and/or adjust color balance.
              Last edited by lotn; 10-05-2015, 02:07 PM.
              E8W

Comment

• kpot
                • Dec 2009

@lotn: Thanks for the zip-file. I will try it with some of my clips (and the image of ulisse to see if i can reproduce your approach).
                kurt
                HW: ASUS Z170-A; Proz: i7-6700K; RAM: 32 GB DDR4; GPU: RTX-3070, 8GB GDDR5; SSD: SAMSUNG-850-Pro, 500 GB

Comment

• lotn
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by More4K
                  Edius keyer is not great- this clip is a job for Resolve etc. Besides- it depends on the source quality how much details can you get from this dark area.
                  In this case just a play with YUV curve should sort it.
                  Not wrong :)

I used two nodes with Resolve. The result is better:
                  Attached Files
                  E8W

Comment

• kpot
                    • Dec 2009

Not wrong :)

I used two nodes with Resolve. The result is better:
                    Hi:
                    How did you define the nodes?
                    kurt

Comment

• Ron Evans
                      • May 2007

It probably happens because I did it on some grab of a frame which may not be the same color space.

You can raise light amplification with steeper yuv curve and/or adjust color balance.
                      Thats the problem with just correcting a jpg that I had too. Ulisse it is worth learning how to use a chroma or luma key or how to use the mask filter. Matt Scoot is good to watch his lessons.

I put your image on a track, copied to the track above and applied a luminance filter to block out the high background level ( it will be transparent so will go to the original clip underneath ) I then applied the YUV filter to the copy and played with the levels to bring up the face details, then applied the colour filter to bring up the colour. Using the colour corrector like lotn gives more control over where the colour or saturation is used.

Ron Evans
                      Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 16T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, Gigabyte 4070Ti 12G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 18

Cameras: GH5S, GH6, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

• lotn
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by kpot
                        How did you define the nodes?
                        There are 2 simple correction nodes cascaded.

First one uses an oval shape combined with the HSL qualifier to limit correction on the person body. This node settings push saturation to 100, adjust with color wheels and a gentle S curve.

The second one has no qualifier, just raises the color saturation and gently lowers midtone (color wheels).

Pivots left to default values.
                        E8W

Comment

Working...