X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *.ewc2 files generated

Hi Everybody,
    -this is a Newbi Question-
    Beasically I add videoclips and sound files from my harddisc to the EDIUS project I work on.
    When I import such a file to EDIUS it generates a *.ewc2 file in the same location where the original video or sound file is stored. These *.ewc2 files disturb the overview in this directory.
    Thus, I would like to ask if it is possible EDIUS to command, these EDIUS internal files to generate in a different directory than the video, sound material storage directory?
    Jürgen

Your easiest solution is to sort the folder by file type.
    1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Which version of Edius are you using? Edius has a few options for controlling whether waveform cache files are created, and where, but they vary with the version.

Comment

...or you can have Windows hide files of particular extensions.

Open an elevated command prompt and navigate to your video directory type:
        attrib +h *.nfo /s
        This will hide the files, however if you have show hidden files turned on they will still show up.

Maybe install this with caution.
        Rusty Rogers | Films
        >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
        >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
        Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

@ THof

I rum EDIUS 8 pro

Comment

as mentioned, put the windows explorer folder in detail view and sort by type

then all clips will be next to each other in the correct order

or use the GV browser to browse for the files and it auto hides the waveforms, so all you see is clips

you don't need to create any libraries at all, you can just use it like win explorer, just click OK in mini window and start browsing, drag any file you need to the EDIUS bin

if you don't want to use the GV browser, double click the bin anywhere in a blank space and browse for the files, it also hides the waveforms
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

ewc2, ese .... files could be in a separate EWC2 folder like titles, bacup.... or in program folder.
              It may be the easiest and deffinite solution.

It was my first wish 8 years ago.

Comment

He Romigo, how to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Romigo View Post
                  ewc2, ese .... files could be in a separate EWC2 folder like titles, bacup.... or in program folder.
                  It may be the easiest and deffinite solution.

It was my first wish 8 years ago.

waveform files are placed in a unique folder if you transfer from a card to project folder using source browser, providing you have the needed setting ticked
                  Anton Strauss
                  Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Thanks for the information on ewc2 files, but what about the ese files?

Comment

I dont do it - Its only my wish.

If .ewc files of transfered footage can be in unique folder
                      Why there cant be all of .ewc .ese files.

for HIDING I use HIDE.bat script it works exelently

attrib +h C:\EDIUSvideo\*.ewc2 /s /d

C:\EDIUSvideo\ - is a path to video files
                      but I think Edius could do it itself.

Comment

.ese files seem to be the seek files for MPEG video I have them in a folder where there are .mts video files example 00030.MTS.ese

Mike
                        Sys4: Edius9/XWG ASUS Z10PE-D16WS MB 2xE5-2696 Xeon 72 cores. 16TB RAID0 64G RAM RTX3090Ti. Samsung 55" QLED 1500 NIT HDR 4K TV. Storm3G Elite/Decklink 4K 12G HDR. Yamaha RX-A870 A/V 7.1 audio. Sys1-3 Edius 8.5 WG + RX-E1+HDBX1000 MIP HP xw8600 2 x X5492 CPU 8 cores, 8G RAM, GTX1080TI. All sys Fibred to central media pool - 5TB RAID + QLogic Fibre Switch. Central SD Pro VCR rack. All sys YUV & audio to theatre with Sony STR DN1040 7.1 audio amp with 1000W sub 63" HD 3D Samsung TV

Comment

i haven't seen .ese files in the longest time, i think those are MPEG related somehow.
                          Still learning Edius, not even middle grade user yet.

Comment

Working...
                          X