NTSC to PAL conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTSC to PAL conversion?

Hi all, (still on EDIUS 3.6 for the moment).
    Does EDIUS 4.5x have the capability to convert NTSC SD to PAL SD? Whenever I try to change the Project Settings (I'm looking at the "trial" 4.5 version) there are no specs there to change to. I would surmise the footage would probably have to come in as PAL to switch PAL settings - is that correct? If so - do any of the ProCoder versions (Express or 2 or 3) convert? If not, does anyone know of a program that makes that conversion, for I have some European orders for PAL DVD's.
    Many thanks,
    Alan
    Alan J. Levi
    Director

SYSTEM: ASUS P8Z77-VPro mobo, Intel 3770K CPU, 16 Gig Crucial 1866 RAM, Antec 1000W PS, EVGA nVidia 560Ti 1Gig Video, CoolerMaster CPU cooler, LG GGW-H20L BluRay DVD, SPARK card w/23" Samsung 1920x1080 Monitor, OCZ 240GB SSD boot in Swapable Tray & 3 WD Enterprise 1TB video RAID 5 HDD's. 4.5TB RAID 1 Outboard backups, Behringer2000 Audio Fader/Controller

NTSC to PAL for DVD? if so, Tmpeg 4 Xpress will do that way better than anything else
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

You need to setup a pal project and import ntsc footage, then there will be a conversion on output. Early versions of edius allowed a simple project switch, its a great loss!

Edius has in some versions been great at ntsc/pal conversions in others not so good, I can't understand why the changes between versions, maybe a subtle 'engine' change

Andy

Comment

EDIUS converts on a clip-level, not a project level. Meaning, you can place PAL clips on an NTSC timeline without any extra work needed. You cannot change an NTSC timeline into a PAL timeline.

(Such a feature has, actually, never been possible within a publicly available release of EDIUS, since day #1)

Comment

Working...
        X