No announcement yet.

best file for sports videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the reason I was not using chrome is because the fonts of this forum and many others look blurry compared to when using FF

now I did a google search about this issue and it is fixed, I now have crisp looking fonts
    enter this url in chrome and press enter chrome://flags/#disable-direct-write

then click the enable so it says disable, then restart chrome and this forum will look great

full story here
    http://www.neatorama.com/2014/09/05/...How-To-Fix-It/
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
      the reason I was not using chrome is because the fonts of this forum and many others look blurry compared to when using FF

now I did a google search about this issue and it is fixed, I now have crisp looking fonts
      enter this url in chrome and press enter chrome://flags/#disable-direct-write

then click the enable so it says disable, then restart chrome and this forum will look great
      Good tip, thanks. Although I usually have all kinds of graphics/text stuff switched off in Windows, which may over ride the setting anyway.

I mostly use my iPad when on the forum, but will try it out next time I'm on a workstation.

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Comment

Yes confirmed here the video plays fine in 1080 50p in Chrome but not in FF where 720p is its max. If the original material is 60p best to keep the output as 60p too and not cross from one non mathematically related frame rate to another. As most devices are showing the video in a 60p scan rate the best video clip match without any playback interpolation is 60p. 30 and 60p go together, 25 and 50 go together but it can look stuttery on pans, even creating double edges on verticals whilst panning if say putting 29.97 into a 25p project. Probably 50p in 60p isn't quite so much of a problem as at the lower frame rates. The 23.98/24p brigade of course like it not to be smooth on a pan then it looks like film, but they are not the majority of viewers.
        Sys4: Z10PE-D16WS MB 2xE5-2696 Xeon 72 active logical cores. EWG9. 64G RAM. Aorus GTX1080Ti. 55" Q7 1500 NIT HDR 4K TV/Storm 3G Elite/Decklink 4K 12G/8CH audio monitoring, Yamaha RXA-870 A/V. Sys1-3 EWG8 + RX-E1+HDBX1000 MIP in HP xw8600 2 x X5492 CPU 8 cores, 8Gig RAM, Quadro FX3800. All sys Fibre to central media pool - 5TB Axus Yotta RAID + QLogic Fibre Switch. Central VCR rack plus YUV & audio to viewing room with Yamaha AX1 7.1 100 watt per channel amp with 1000W sub 63" HD 3D Samsung TV

Comment

Nice to know all about this things. But if you record in 50p or 60p and then you have to deliver also in DVD which will be 50i, how much quality are you loosing from convering for 50p or 60p to SD? Are you going to still have better images/quality than to record straight to 50i? I mean sports is something fast moving to record. After converting for DVD is it ok?
          http://www.sony.jp/products/overseas...TX100_Full_HD/
          I found this so ok progressive records every single frame and (i) records 1-3-5 ans 2-4-6 and so on. So converting p to i how do we know what exact frames are gone out?
          thank you
          I5 4690 CPU
          MOTHERBORAD GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3
          RAM 8GB [email protected]
          AMD RADEON HD 6800
          2X2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK (RAID 1)
          2X2TB WD CAVIAR GREEN (BACKUP)
          1 OCZ SSD 128GB
          Windows 7
          Edius 9&8 Workgroup

Comment

Originally posted by createmedia View Post
            Yes confirmed here the video plays fine in 1080 50p in Chrome but not in FF where 720p is its max. If the original material is 60p best to keep the output as 60p too and not cross from one non mathematically related frame rate to another. As most devices are showing the video in a 60p scan rate the best video clip match without any playback interpolation is 60p. 30 and 60p go together, 25 and 50 go together but it can look stuttery on pans, even creating double edges on verticals whilst panning if say putting 29.97 into a 25p project. Probably 50p in 60p isn't quite so much of a problem as at the lower frame rates. The 23.98/24p brigade of course like it not to be smooth on a pan then it looks like film, but they are not the majority of viewers.
            This is why I suggested YouTube. Everything is taken care of without any intervention whatsoever from the uploaded 50/60 master. The client playback is seamless, 50 if they've got it 25 if they haven't. Every modern TV and portable device is capable of all these frame rates, so no problem there either.

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by George Glou View Post
              Nice to know all about this things. But if you record in 50p or 60p and then you have to deliver also in DVD which will be 50i, how much quality are you loosing from convering for 50p or 60p to SD? Are you going to still have better images/quality than to record straight to 50i? I mean sports is something fast moving to record. After converting for DVD is it ok?
              I found this so ok progressive records every single frame and (i) records 1-3-5 ans 2-4-6 and so on. So converting p to i how do we know what exact frames are gone out?
              thank you
              you can make perfect DVD from 50p, each frame will become a field, so 50i

just add the 50p file to a 50i timeline and make the DVD

I shoot 50i and stick with that, I can make perfect DVD, Blu-ray or files on USB for playback on users TVs, all with perfect results

the web is another story, if you want to show fast action sport, you will need to upload 50p as already mentioned
              Anton Strauss
              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by George Glou View Post
                thank you
                There isn't a quality loss as such, and depending on what encoder is used there may not be any temporal loss, just resolution. At worse, it would be like going 25p to 50i.

To see how an encoder is doing its thing, try this. Create a 50/60p project and create numbered titles for each consecutive frame, large ones in the middle of the screen. Maybe try doing two seconds worth, just so you don't get messed up with potential I frame placements in the GOP sequence later. Now create a master clip using an intraframe codec, I personally always use HQ/X. Now simply feed this test file into a few different encoders, and do a frame by frame analysis of their encodes.

Comment

Hutch,

I shoot a lot of sports and I can not say the move to all digital is my favorite. Optical discs ensure a great playback experience for the end user, too bad folks think they are lame these days. :(

I agree that YouTube is easiest but who knows how your product will be viewed. People might watch the game on their old cell phone with poor streaming bandwidth and then make a judgment about the video quality! This has actually happened to me, so it is not far fetched.

If you want to go this route then make sure your upload speed at your computer is at least 5MBps as a 2 hour game even at 2000kbps will be in gigabytes...

Then you have the whole impression of internet=free in people's eyes. So charging for your work imho is a little more challenging over time.

The best workflow would be to purchase the TMPG MP4 encoder and encode straight from the Edius timeline to MP4. Just be prepared to be moving large files around the internet.
                  Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by More4K View Post
                    Some portable devices may be fine, but not all of them. Many Android boxes when paired with correct player will switch to proper refresh rate (even for youtube content), but this not a norm. Most TVs with youtube app will also "sync" to the content fps.

Problem starts with computer screens. 95% of them are always 60Hz, so the best format for youtube would be 60fps. Saying this you can't expect very smooth (like on TV) playback through youtube as whole decoding/displaying chain is not synced to the screen. On 1H content you most likely have some some "glitches", which depending on the content may be bit visible or not at all.
                    You need a very good "player" (with Vsync etc) to be able to have perfectly smooth playback. Some software players (eg. MediaPlayer Classic with madVR renderer) can do it assuming you have fast enough CPU/GPU which can always decode frames on time.
                    We're still not there when you compare it to fixed/smooth playback on TVs. It's time for proper (even on OS level) auto refresh adjustment when playing video- at least in full screen mode.
                    I was making the point that if you upload 50p, then if the client device can't handle it, YouTube will feed it 25. So no end user or host intervention, to at least get a picture.

As for refresh rate. I've never seen an issue with this with anything that uses a dedicated YouTube app, which is what I'm suggesting. In an instance where this may be an issue, outside the app, on a computer for instance. You would get this no matter what, regardless of content or its source or platform.

I use a number of devices connected to TVs. And the TV will always lock to the correct refresh rate via what ever is hosting the app. Even a number of portable devices that I've tried, show the correct refresh rate, even when switching content.

Like I said earlier. Although you are correct, there can be refresh issues. This will happen anyway if the setup can't handle it and regardless of source.

With many things supporting the app, it's hard to find anything that doesn't work properly. And I've never seen the issue with modern equipment and the app, or at least the stuff that I've used.

The main point I'm making is this. For the least amount of hassle, for the content supplier and the end user. YouTube is the cheapest and easiest way to utilise streaming of 50/60p.

Generally, if you can't make things simple and dumbed down for the end user, they will quickly tire of trying and move on. If you have a dedicated tech savvy audience, then that's a different story, but that is very rarely the case. Especially if you start asking people to download players or interact with setting stuff up.

There really isn't anything much easier than a YouTube hyperlink, or embedded YouTube content on a dedicated web site/page.

Comment

Interesting Thread. I don't mean to hijack, but have a related question and am looking for best output from a 1920 x 1080 60i edius project for computer playback.
                      The h264/AVC exporter plugin works but doesn't have many options and it doesn't seem to offer a scaling option.
                      I've seen some players reverse the fields, or jittery playback. VLC player looks the best but like some of you are saying, you can't be sure what client will use for playback.

Comment

Thanks - I just DL'd HANDBRAKE . So you suggest rendering out as an HQX file and then load that into HANDBRAKE and use the deinterlace filter? I see it has a DECOMB filter too. It has lots of H.264 Quality and bitrate options. Can anyone suggest best settings for an 1920 X 1080 interlaced file?
                        Even when I select "web optimized " they are still many options.

Comment

Originally posted by DIGITALPOST View Post
                          Thanks - I just DL'd HANDBRAKE . So you suggest rendering out as an HQX file and then load that into HANDBRAKE and use the deinterlace filter? I see it has a DECOMB filter too. It has lots of H.264 Quality and bitrate options. Can anyone suggest best settings for an 1920 X 1080 interlaced file?
                          Even when I select "web optimized " they are still many options.
                          Last time I tried HQ/X didn't work. Export as a YUY2 and use that to feed HB. The file will be massive, but you can delete it after your HB encode.

Try selecting one of the Apple TV presets, then apply the filters for your de interlacing. This will give you a good start.

Comment

thank you guys!
                            I tried a few samples using decomb filter and it looks pretty good. I'll play with bit rates settings! : )

Comment

Originally posted by More4K View Post
                              Decomb is for mixed content- it tries find only interlaced frames and leave progressive ones untouched. Sometimes it works, sometimes it can miss some interlaced frames.
                              Slower deinterlacing uses Yadif method which is relatively fast and good quality.
                              With avisynth you can "enhance it" with NNEDI3 neural network based resizing and get amazing results :)

http://postimg.org/image/vurifwj0j/full/

On the left is method used by BBC (and some expensive hardware boxes) called The Weston 3-Field deinterlacer and on the right power of avisynth :) Source was 50i.
                              AviSynth looks way better. What's the simplest GUI for AviSynth? Something just to build the script.

Comment

Working...
                              X