Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noise (video) reduction filter for EDIUS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dpalomaki
    replied
    I look forwarded to more user reports on the product reported by nictau.
    (I hate to be an early tryer - too many past disappointments with other products from other developers.)

Leave a comment:

• nictau
    replied
    Originally posted by MPPais View Post
    VirtualDub with NeatVideo works very well!
    Hi, has been quite a while since the last post. But check out this
    http://www.compression.ru/video/denoising/index_en.html
    and you will be stunned!
    Same quality as Neat Video and it is free for private use!
    You don't believe...?
    Just try!

Leave a comment:

• dpalomaki
    replied
    Since 6.5 has a different API that might in part explain why NeatVideo has not ported to Edius in the past 6 or so months. They woudl have no compelling reason to build a plug-in that be rendered unusable in the next release of Edius, and the API change was probably locked down a while ago as the requirements for v6.5 were being written.

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak_HD
    replied
    Originally posted by gdame View Post
    I do not believe it is a matter of Edius embracing Neat Video, more like the other way around.
    Indeed it would be the best solution if the creator of NeatVideo would make a native plugin for Edius, many Edius users would be very happy.

It just puzzles me that while the AAE (Almost After Effects) bridge is getting more and more compatible with third party products still a couple of important one like NeatVideo don't work, while being ask for repeatedly throughout the years.

Again, I'm so used to use AE with NeatVideo and that works fine, but it would be great if there would be a integrated solution, to make Edius a more end to end solution.
    Since the Mask filter in E6 I use AE less and less but it's just every-time potential users ask WHY ? all I can do is Smile ...................

Then again, it's always good to have varying opinions, otherwise it would be a dull world :)

Leave a comment:

• MPPais
    replied
    VirtualDub with NeatVideo works very well!

Leave a comment:

• gdame
    replied
    Originally posted by SoundFreak_HD View Post
    I also use NeatVideo in AE and it does work small wonders.
    Truly strange that an industry standard cleaning app is not embraced by Edius after many years of request.

I do not believe it is a matter of Edius embracing Neat Video, more like the other way around.

With the current and future versions of Edius being a more open architecture, it would be nice to companies like Neat Video follow the likes of New Blue FX, ProDad, Singular, Boris, etc.

They have a great product and one of my clients did a whole seminar on it at Weva a couple of years ago. He pitched it as a "Game Changer for Event Videography"

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak_HD
    replied
    I also use NeatVideo in AE and it does work small wonders.
    Truly strange that an industry standard cleaning app is not embraced by Edius after many years of request.

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    Neat for AE appears through the AE bridge in Edius, but does not work, many requests have been made to Neat and GV to make this function, but there appears to be some resistance, so use After Effects, Virtualdub or whatever you can get to work to clean your noisy clips.

Paul :-)

Leave a comment:

• dpalomaki
    replied
    Many people use NeatVideo under VirtualDub. How-to information is on the NeatVideo web site. Essentially you open the clip in VirtualDub and apply NeatVideo to your clips. This is outside the Edius environment.

Leave a comment:

• Bluetongue
    replied
    One to give a try is NewBlue Video Essentials Touch UP, now uses the GPU and does not need rendering
    Very Basic but has worked well for me

They have one called Noise Reducer in Video Essentials 2 but has a problem with blockyness and staircasing on edges so do not use till they have fixed it

There is a trial so you can see if it works for you and plugs straight into Edius and all that is needed is to use the key to unlock after it expires

Regards Barry

Leave a comment:

• akbarian13
    replied
    Originally posted by THoff View Post
    Neat Video has no plugin for Edius, but it works with AviSynth. Since AviSynth scripts can be used from within Edius, you should be able to use Neat Video that way.
    hi sorry i'm begginer and i need to use neat video in ediuse but i cann't understand how use it in edius? PLZ Guidance me how can i use it with AviSynth?

Leave a comment:

• RandyD
    replied
    A good video noise filter would I am sure kill RT so my guess is there is little interest. Too bad because while I haven't used any video noise filters with video they have some amazing products out there for stills that are shot at high iso....which is like cranking the gain in video world. You would think that a great noise filter would be a must given the low dynamic range of HD cams.

Leave a comment:

• caminostereo
    replied
    Originally posted by tingsern View Post
    I am working with HVX202 Panasonic HD camera - that tends to be noisy in low light. It is NOT that noisy that it distract the picture from the audience. But - I would like to reduce that noise in some clips (filmed in low light/available light conditions).

Are you aware of any plugins that works for EDIUS 4.52 that can reduce the noise level?

Thanks,
    TS

Yes, there Vst plugins for Edius 4, which have the function of noise reduction vst compatible with edius 4 (audio filter) are:

- VST Sound Soap 2
    - VST Sound Soap Pro 1.2

These have the ability to reduce air and noise over other video

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    Neat Video has no plugin for Edius, but it works with AviSynth. Since AviSynth scripts can be used from within Edius, you should be able to use Neat Video that way.

Leave a comment:

• AJL14
    replied
    Try as I might, Neat Video does not appear to work inside EDIUS. In fact, no matter how I install, auto or manual, and what files I copy into the plug-in folder for EDIUS - nothing. If anyone here tries it and is successful, please update us all. A de-noise filter is something nearly all of us can use who sometimes shoot in low-light situations.
    Thanks,
    Alan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X