Logo in .eps format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo in .eps format

I have been sent a logo to use in an edit, but it is .eps format. I think that is Adobe Illustrator, but not sure?

Is there a way to use this in Edius 7.5, or should I ask for it to be supplied in another format?
    Edius 8.53WG, Vistitle 2.8, Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Update, Asus Z87 Pro, Intel i7-4770K, 16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence LP RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, WD Black 2TB media drive, Intel HD 4600 GPU, MSI GTX660 2GB VGA, Coolermaster Silencio 652 case, Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler, Cakewalk UA-25EX USB audio interface, Cakewalk MA-15D monitor speakers, BM Intensity Pro 4K, PlextorPX-LB950SA BD writer, Dell U2410 Monitor

You don't have Photoshop? Or Corel Draw ? Open, rasterize and save as something else
    AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, RTX 3080, 64GB RAM, EDIUS X WG.

Comment

Originally posted by shueardm View Post
      You don't have Photoshop? Or Corel Draw ? Open, rasterize and save as something else
      I have Corel Paint Shop Pro X7.

I opened it in that program, but it looks horrible. It has lots of jagged lines.

Am I doing something wrong?
      Edius 8.53WG, Vistitle 2.8, Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Update, Asus Z87 Pro, Intel i7-4770K, 16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence LP RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, WD Black 2TB media drive, Intel HD 4600 GPU, MSI GTX660 2GB VGA, Coolermaster Silencio 652 case, Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler, Cakewalk UA-25EX USB audio interface, Cakewalk MA-15D monitor speakers, BM Intensity Pro 4K, PlextorPX-LB950SA BD writer, Dell U2410 Monitor

Comment

You should be prompted to rasterize as soon as you open it. But... I don't have that program. Is there something in preferences that talks about rasterizing
        AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, RTX 3080, 64GB RAM, EDIUS X WG.

Comment

Originally posted by shueardm View Post
          You should be prompted to rasterize as soon as you open it. But... I don't have that program. Is there something in preferences that talks about rasterizing
          This is the window that opens when the logo is imported. I am not very experienced with this program. Is it just a case of selecting the correct dpi size?

Is so, what should I set that for in a SD timeline?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by John Hooper View Post
            This is the window that opens when the logo is imported. I am not very experienced with this program. Is it just a case of selecting the correct dpi size?

Is so, what should I set that for in a SD timeline?
            I think in Photoshop it will ask for a size - but I would choose 300dpi and see how it looks - if you want it as a psd / png or similar email it to me and I will do it in Photoshop

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalDave View Post
              I think in Photoshop it will ask for a size - but I would choose 300dpi and see how it looks - if you want it as a psd / png or similar email it to me and I will do it in Photoshop
              Thank you Dave for the offer, but I will have to learn more about the PaintShop Pro.

What would be the best format for use in Edius, would I convert it to a bmp or jpeg or something else?

The logo doesn't have an alpha layer, is it possible to add such a thing? The logo has a white background. I did something like this before by using a luminence keyer in Edius.

Comment

I have been sent a logo to use in an edit, but it is .eps format. I think that is Adobe Illustrator, but not sure?

Is there a way to use this in Edius 7.5, or should I ask for it to be supplied in another format?
                If you have New Blue Titler Pro 4 it will import .eps now.

John, I noticed that you have the UA-25. If you didn't know already, Roland has decided not to make Win 10 drivers for the UA-25. The UA-25ex just made the cut.
                http://www.roland.com/support/support_news/250024
                Scroll down to the U's.
                Jerry
                Six Gill DV
                www.sgdvtutorials.com
                If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Thank you Dave for the offer, but I will have to learn more about the PaintShop Pro.

What would be the best format for use in Edius, would I convert it to a bmp or jpeg or something else?

The logo doesn't have an alpha layer, is it possible to add such a thing? The logo has a white background. I did something like this before by using a luminence keyer in Edius.
                  Possibly the white will erase in one click!

Comment

You could always use a free .eps to .png converter. If there is an alpha in the image, .png should carry it.
                    Here is a link to a free converter:
                    http://convertepstojpg.com/ConvertEpsToPng.aspx
                    Jerry
                    Six Gill DV
                    www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                      If you have New Blue Titler Pro 4 it will import .eps now.

John, I noticed that you have the UA-25. If you didn't know already, Roland has decided not to make Win 10 drivers for the UA-25. The UA-25ex just made the cut.
                      http://www.roland.com/support/support_news/250024
                      Scroll down to the U's.
                      Thank you Jerry, I have NB Titler Pro 2 (which seems to work in Edius 8 when I tried it) and Vistitle 2.6. Will .eps work in Vistitle?

I must amend my signature, as I do have the Cakewalk UA-25EX.

Comment

EPS will not work as .eps in Vistitle. It will however import into Vistitle as .png so that you can use and manipulate it.
                        Good thing that it was the EX version then.
                        Jerry
                        Six Gill DV
                        www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

Thank for all the advice...I have now found a YouTube video on how to import the.eps into PaintShop Pro.

Comment

Working...
                          X