Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matlock
    replied
    Thanks so much everyone for such excellent suggestions!

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    If you are using Edius as a tool to create income, and that income is important, I would purchase a new larger SSD and then clone your old drive to the new drive. Doing this should not only insure the continued functionality of your editing system, but the flow of income as well.

Leave a comment:

• David Clarke
    replied
    If I run out of space on the C drive and don't have an alternative - like putting in a new drive or clearing up some mess to give me space - then I move the swap file to a different location in preference to installing on a different drive.

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak_HD
    replied
    I have been a longtime user of Acronis Disk Director but recently started using a free alternative that looks the same, can do everything (and more) and is running well on windows 10........

You can find it here: EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition - Free for Home users.

Easy to use, powerful, totally free :)

If you are afraid of breaking things just buy a new larger SSD for boot drive and make a copy of it, leaving the original intact.

Leave a comment:

• matlock
    replied
    Thanks so much for the information. I really appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• LewS
    replied
    If you are determined to do this despite the advice you have been given, do a Google search for how to install a program on other than drive C and you will find the registry change needed to change the default install drive. Proceed at your own risk.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_PS
    replied
    Yes it is possible. No, you should not do it.

FYI, most IT people are not experienced with the intricacies of Editing programs. Please adhere to the professional advice here.

Leave a comment:

• matlock
    replied
    Harro,

Your response "If you hag two tech people tell you to put programs on another drive, ask them how to do it." is dismissive.

I just asked if it was possible.

A simple or yes or no would have been sufficient.

Leave a comment:

• Harro
    replied
    "My C drive is at capacity and two tech people strongly recommended any future software be installed on another internal drive."

The advice given by the forum respondents above is what you should heed.

If your C drive is at full capacity, that is your first mistake, it should never be more than 70% to 80% for proper operation.

Never have your programs and data on the same drive, I assume you have, so that is mistake number 2

If you hag two tech people tell you to put programs on another drive, ask them how to do it.

From my experience, some programs definitely require/demand that they be installed on the C drive for hassle free operation.

Your choice, make your decision

Leave a comment:

• matlock
    replied
    John,

Bottom line. I'm looking for an answer to my question. Is it possible to load Edius 7 onto an alternate drive

Leave a comment:

• John Hooper
    replied
    Why are you simply not listening to good advice?

The C drive should ideally not be more then 80% full. It should only hold the operating system and programmes. You should have additional hard drive(s) for media.

What are your system specs?
    Last edited by John Hooper; 08-09-2015, 08:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• matlock
    replied
    Is there a way to install Edius 7 on an alternate internal drive?

Leave a comment:

• Geoff_C
    replied
    Windows has a built in 'Backup 7 Restore' tool found in the control panel. Likewise Macrium Reflect ( free). Both allow you to build a rescue disk so that you can boot without having a loaded system disk installed.

Take an image of your existing C: drive. Remove your current C: drive from your machine and replace it with a larger C: disk. Use the rescue disk to boot your pc. Restore the image you made earlier. Check your new larger hard drive boots. Install E7.

If you are not sure what you are doing 'google' and read up. It's easier than editing.

An surprised your C: drive is full. It should only hold programs and not be used for storing video clips

Leave a comment:

• matlock
    replied
    I'm not sure what you mean by take an image. Are you saying backup the contents on my C drive and restore it to another internal drive? What software would I use to do this? How reliable is this method?

Also, most programs allow you to custom install on another drive. Does Edius allow this?

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Geoff_C
    replied
    Take an image of your C: drive. Fit a larger drive and restore the image you have just made. Install Edius 7. This I suspect will be your safest option.

Remember you still have your original disc as insurance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X