Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Edius 7

Hello Everyone,

How do I install Edius 7 on a drive other than my C drive. Whenever I start installation it does not give me the option of choosing the drive I want to install it on. How do I install it on an alternate drive?
    Thank you.

It is recommended that EDIUS is installed on your C drive. You can run into issues when you use a different drive.
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

My C drive is at capacity and two tech people strongly recommended any future software be installed on another internal drive.

Can you tell me how to custom install Edius 7 on another internal drive?

Thank you.

Comment

Take an image of your C: drive. Fit a larger drive and restore the image you have just made. Install Edius 7. This I suspect will be your safest option.

Remember you still have your original disc as insurance.
        Sys1: Gigabyte Z370 HD3 i7 8086K(4.3Ghz), 16Gb ram, 256Gb SSD system + 2x2Tb Graphics: nVidia 1060, (W10 Pro) BM IP4K, E8v3 WG; Vegas Pro19; Resolve17_Studio, GH2(hacked), Pana HC-X2000E, GoPro5
        Sys2 :Clevo i7 6700K 2.5Ghz,16Gb ram 2565Gb SSD + 1Tb, (W10 Pro), Software: E8v3 WG; Vegas Pro19

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by take an image. Are you saying backup the contents on my C drive and restore it to another internal drive? What software would I use to do this? How reliable is this method?

Also, most programs allow you to custom install on another drive. Does Edius allow this?

Thank you.

Comment

Windows has a built in 'Backup 7 Restore' tool found in the control panel. Likewise Macrium Reflect ( free). Both allow you to build a rescue disk so that you can boot without having a loaded system disk installed.

Take an image of your existing C: drive. Remove your current C: drive from your machine and replace it with a larger C: disk. Use the rescue disk to boot your pc. Restore the image you made earlier. Check your new larger hard drive boots. Install E7.

If you are not sure what you are doing 'google' and read up. It's easier than editing.

An surprised your C: drive is full. It should only hold programs and not be used for storing video clips
            Sys1: Gigabyte Z370 HD3 i7 8086K(4.3Ghz), 16Gb ram, 256Gb SSD system + 2x2Tb Graphics: nVidia 1060, (W10 Pro) BM IP4K, E8v3 WG; Vegas Pro19; Resolve17_Studio, GH2(hacked), Pana HC-X2000E, GoPro5
            Sys2 :Clevo i7 6700K 2.5Ghz,16Gb ram 2565Gb SSD + 1Tb, (W10 Pro), Software: E8v3 WG; Vegas Pro19

Comment

Is there a way to install Edius 7 on an alternate internal drive?

Comment

Why are you simply not listening to good advice?

The C drive should ideally not be more then 80% full. It should only hold the operating system and programmes. You should have additional hard drive(s) for media.

What are your system specs?
                Last edited by John Hooper; 08-09-2015, 08:54 PM.
                Edius 8.53WG, Vistitle 2.8, Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Update, Asus Z87 Pro, Intel i7-4770K, 16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence LP RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, WD Black 2TB media drive, Intel HD 4600 GPU, MSI GTX660 2GB VGA, Coolermaster Silencio 652 case, Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler, Cakewalk UA-25EX USB audio interface, Cakewalk MA-15D monitor speakers, BM Intensity Pro 4K, PlextorPX-LB950SA BD writer, Dell U2410 Monitor

Comment

John,

Bottom line. I'm looking for an answer to my question. Is it possible to load Edius 7 onto an alternate drive

Comment

"My C drive is at capacity and two tech people strongly recommended any future software be installed on another internal drive."

The advice given by the forum respondents above is what you should heed.

If your C drive is at full capacity, that is your first mistake, it should never be more than 70% to 80% for proper operation.

Never have your programs and data on the same drive, I assume you have, so that is mistake number 2

If you hag two tech people tell you to put programs on another drive, ask them how to do it.

From my experience, some programs definitely require/demand that they be installed on the C drive for hassle free operation.

Your choice, make your decision
                    i7 3930K, Win 10 pro 64 Bit.
                    RAM 32 GB.
                    ASUS P9X79-Deluxe.
                    PS Thermaltake 1kW.
                    Graphics Gigabyte GTX1660 OC.
                    OS:Intel 535 SSD 480 GB, Data: two 2TB WD Cavier Black, RAID 0.
                    Cameras: Sony EX1, AX100, x1000v, A7R4, DJI Mavic 2 Pro
                    SW: Edius v8.53 WG & 9.52 WG, Vegas 17 Pro, CS6, Resolve Studio 16, Hitfilm 2017, Sound Forge 13, SpectraLayers Pro v6.0, Neat Video v5, Vistitle 2.8.5 TMPEnc VMWorks 7, Auth. Works 6, MochaPro v4.1, Robuskey, DVD Architect 7, 3D LUT Creator.

Comment

Harro,

Your response "If you hag two tech people tell you to put programs on another drive, ask them how to do it." is dismissive.

I just asked if it was possible.

A simple or yes or no would have been sufficient.

Comment

Yes it is possible. No, you should not do it.

FYI, most IT people are not experienced with the intricacies of Editing programs. Please adhere to the professional advice here.
                        1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

If you are determined to do this despite the advice you have been given, do a Google search for how to install a program on other than drive C and you will find the registry change needed to change the default install drive. Proceed at your own risk.
                          My System: Edius Workgroup 9.51 & 10.0, Intel I9-9900K 3.60GHz Liquid Cooling, MSI Z390-A PRO MB, 32-GB Mem, GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GPU, BM Intensity Pro 4K Card, Win 10 Pro

Comment

Thanks so much for the information. I really appreciate it.

Comment

I have been a longtime user of Acronis Disk Director but recently started using a free alternative that looks the same, can do everything (and more) and is running well on windows 10........

You can find it here: EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition - Free for Home users.

Easy to use, powerful, totally free :)

If you are afraid of breaking things just buy a new larger SSD for boot drive and make a copy of it, leaving the original intact.
                              Tony D.

EDIUS WG 9.54 / MATROX MXO2 LE / WIN10 Pro WS / LENOVO P71 Workstation laptop / XEON E3-1535M v6 / nVidia QUADRO P3000 6GB / Toshiba M.2 NVMe 512GB / 2x Samsung 860 EVO 4TB / 32GB ECC RAM.
                              EDIUS WG 8.53 / HDRX-E1 + HDBX-1000H / WIN10 Pro / DUAL XEON X5470 / SUPERMICRO X7DWA-N / SUPERMICRO SUPERCHASIS SC745TQ-920B / INTEL 520 SSD 240GB / WD CAVIAR BLACK 4TB (many) / 32GB ECC RAM / GTX 770 4GB / 2x MOTU 896HD.
                              wavearts / neatvideo / tmpgenc / hitfilm / imaginate / affinity

Comment

Working...
                              X