Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 8 first time tape capture

Hi,

I'm tryng to create Digital 8 Tape import and I have some questions ( I live in Pal land):

1- which project setting use? I can find
    a- PAL DV 720x576 50i 4:3
    b- PAL DV 720x576 25p 4:3

Digital 8 is 25i ...

2- I create under system - hardware the capture device also here can find:
    a- DV 720x576 50i 4:3
    b- DV 720x576 25p 4:3

and not 25i

3- I notice the clips are saved in the root of the projcet. Is there a way to tell to Edius to save the clip to a subfolder (I mean for example):
    D:\Edius projects\projects name\Tape 1 instead of D:\Edius projects\projects name

Regards

Ugo Merlini

Digital 8 is 25fps interlaced which is 50i

Comment

Hi

thanks

for the other questions I have solved. but I have a new one

Is possible to change the reel name increment?

for example now is (000x) there is way to customze it? For example .000x.

Regards

Ugo

Comment

Hi,

I checked Media composer setting and it allow me only 25i PAL. Also Edius setting give me a color space = YCbCr + Alpha and media composer only YCbCr

Regards

Ugo

Comment

You can give the tape a tape name yourself - it should prompt you when you enter the capture too - but you cannot get it to automatically increment the name.
          EDIUS silver certified trainer.
          Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
          Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
          Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

I have not captured for a long long time but if IIRC the automatic split (dv/DVCam) would increment the the count automatically. (and during batch capture)

You can change destination in the capture dialog before or after capture depending on your setting in capture under application settings.
            Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
            EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

That would increment the clip name and not the tape name. The tape name is set either automatically using the "user bit" or manually by typing. I always use manual.
              EDIUS silver certified trainer.
              Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
              Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
              Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

You are correct I misread the question. :)
                Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
                EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Working...
                X