installing edius 8 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing edius 8 upgrade

Hello ,can anyone shed some light on the upgrade to edius 8 ,i have just received my upgrade code etc,do i keep my edius 7.5 on my pc or remove this for my edius 8 ,also is it still worth upgrading from 7.5 are there going to be issues ?
    I dont currently run any third party software with my edius only a free one from blue fx for colour correction.
    Also it says 14 days to download i assume this means my activation code expires after 14 days ?

You have 14 days before the download link expires
    If you have the serial number you don't have to use within 14 days you can use in the futre
    There are quite a few answers on this on the forum
    System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
    Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
    Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

You will probably want to finish any projects you have with 7.5, before you upgrade.

Changing horses in the middle of the river can be dangerous!
      Regards,

Jon

#1: Iwill DK8N, 2 x 270 Opterons, 2 Gb RAM, WinXPPro-32, Edius 5.51, NX PCI-X & HDV Expansion, ProCoder 3, Imaginate 2, Sony WV-DR9, Sony EDV-9500, Sony GV-D200.
      #2: Asus P5E, Q9400, WinXPPro-32, Edius 6.07, HD Spark
      #3: Edius SP with Breakout Box, Win10, Edius 7.53

Comment

Hmm, my upgrade link pointed to the trial-version. Specifically "http://www-en.ediusworld.com/downloads/edius-pro-8-trial-version" (which isn't really a pointer to any kind of download at all, technically).

That link expires in 14 days?!
        [Edit: I went ahead and registered the serial number with grassvalley and downloaded from the downloads page, just to make sure.]
        Last edited by dnavas; 07-24-2015, 02:07 AM.
        2950X 32GB Win10, Gigabyte GTX 970 (IXOC), dual EA275UHD, QNAP 873 (w/10GbE). Video source typically HC-X1 or Panny TM700; Audio DR-701D and Rode NT4. Edius 8.5 WG w/ Vistitle & TmpGenC.

Comment

luckily i do not really have any projects at the moment to mess up ,only quick edits / footage just to see how edius works ,anyway i have had to remove my edius 7.5 to load edius 8
          I do want to watch david clarkes video again to understand how grass valley browser functions work as this looks like something interesting .

Comment

Originally posted by dnavas View Post
            Hmm, my upgrade link pointed to the trial-version. Specifically "http://www-en.ediusworld.com/downloads/edius-pro-8-trial-version" (which isn't really a pointer to any kind of download at all, technically).

That link expires in 14 days?!
            [Edit: I went ahead and registered the serial number with grassvalley and downloaded from the downloads page, just to make sure.]
            Doesn't really matter that it expires in 14 days. If you have registered the number against your account then when you log in you will have access to the Edius 8 download section and you can download it from there

Don't forget that registering against your account is not the same as applying for your free upgrade
            DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K [email protected], Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB 5400RPM Video drives, external Blu-ray Optical

Comment

did not know that a similar set up to adobe thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X