X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philip
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
    You could import HDV M2t, but then that becomes 2x MPEG-2 compression from the source you started with (HQ).

I'd advise you to export twice - one to HDV, and then another to MPEG-2 SD for DVD.
    Good thinking....I will keep that in mind if we decide to do the dual edit on the job.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    You could import HDV M2t, but then that becomes 2x MPEG-2 compression from the source you started with (HQ).

I'd advise you to export twice - one to HDV, and then another to MPEG-2 SD for DVD.

Leave a comment:

• Philip
    replied
    Originally posted by SRsupport View Post
    Yip but no export to HQ
    So if I get the Canopus Playback codec pack he will be able to edit the HQ files in vegas? When he is done I can just have him export back to an HDV file and I can use that for archiving.

We basically have a high profile funeral video coming up (Vietnam Vet MIA...his remains were found and identified....we get to cover the military arrival locally, funeral and graveside). I want my colleague to edit the basic ceremony and graveside while I build an artistic tribute video.

Would our workflow work if he exported to HDV (m2t) and then I imported for DVD creation?

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Yip but no export to HQ

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Or get the free Canopus playback codec pack. Not sure if it will work properly, I have never tried it.

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Install Vegas on your machine and let him edit on it. Or buy a second Edius license for him to install

Leave a comment:

• Philip
    started a topic Can Vegas edit a Canopus HQ file?

Can Vegas edit a Canopus HQ file?

I have a big high profile project coming up that I would like to turn around really quick. My business partner in our new company is a Vegas editor and I wanted to have him help me edit tedious part while I do the creative part.

If I capture to Canopus HQ will he be able to edit the files without a dongle installed in his computer? My guess is no.

If not what would be the best workflow to accomplish this edit quickly by using Vegas and Edius?

Thanks,
Working...
X