Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dpalomaki
    replied
    As a last resort, clips that have been split in the camcorder to stay within a 2 GB limit can be manually stitched together (concatenated) using the DOS COPY command from a command line with the /B option.

If the individual clips are not stitched together but just dropped on a timeline as is you may find a few frames skipped at the junction points.

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak_HD
    replied
    Originally posted by Edit View Post
    I don't quite understand what "camera manufacturer supplied software " I might have received for downloading files. Should I have received something like that 7 years ago when I bought these cameras new?
    I didn't know that the cam is already that old :)
    As previously sold there was indeed a software cd inside the box, I'm pretty sure if you take a look at website of Panasonic there should be updates to that.

I'm a Sony user myself and if you don't use the intended software it doesn't work out well.
    Please disregard this and the previous post if Panasonic don't provide software to its users.

Leave a comment:

• Bluetongue
    replied
    Edit
    From what I can gather there was no Panasonic supplied software for that camera
    Check in your handbook, there is an online one
    One of the Adelaide Filmo Club members has one of these cameras and If I used the Browser in 7.5 it joins the clips together and imports them without a problem as a single file
    Not sure which version of Edius you are using?
    SORRY saw you have 5.51 not sure if Browser is in that? too long ago

Barry
    Last edited by Bluetongue; 07-25-2015, 08:16 AM. Reason: ADDED SORRY

Leave a comment:

• Edit
    replied
    camera mfg supplied software?

I don't quite understand what "camera manufacturer supplied software " I might have received for downloading files. Should I have received something like that 7 years ago when I bought these cameras new?

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak_HD
    replied
    Similar issues have been brought up before in the past and we're resolved to use the camera manufacturer supplied software for copying the files to your PC.

I would seriously suggest you to try that route.......

Leave a comment:

• Edit
    replied
    aaha!

I think you're on to something. Plus, I looked at my notes and see that this started on the project I edited right after I upgraded from Edius 5.1 to 5.51. Is it because all of the more recent versions do this "stitching"?

Leave a comment:

• dpalomaki
    replied
    With some systems/software, importing only the first clip may automatically stitch on the second and third when it gets to the PC or timeline, even if yo do nto select the second and third clip.

Leave a comment:

• Edit
    replied
    Thanks

Thank you for your input. I will try another test with similar files and bring in just the first file not all three and post my results.

Leave a comment:

• dpalomaki
    replied
    Camcorders may limit the size of files to 2 GB based on limitations of FAT32 SD media. This results in multiple files for a longer shoot.

Depending on if and how the files were imported to the PC, you may have started with three files on the camcorder that contain the start, mid, and end of the service, each roughly 1/3 of the service. When imported to the PC and loaded, the 1st, 2nd and 3rd file may have been "stitched" together to give the whole service. However, the 2nd and 3rd also remained as the individual files and were added to the time line giving the duplication and added length. (This can happen if the three files are highlighted and pasted to the time line together.)

Leave a comment:

• Edit
    started a topic AVC file length ? oddity

AVC file length ? oddity

Panasonic AG HMC 150 camera. I noticed this peculiarity when I started a project but did not question it then. Project has 3 AVC files for each camera. In the past they were all about 30 minutes each for a 1 1/2 hour church service. On my timeline this project has AVC 1 equaling 1 hour 31 minutes (THE ENTIRE SERVICE). AVC 2 is from 1'31" to 2':05". AVC 3 is from 2'05" to 2'28". Again the entire service is only 1'31". AVC 2 and 3 are really duplicates of what is on AVC 1. Seems #2 begins at about 34 minutes from the end. #3 begins about 23 minutes from the end. Any idea why this is occurring? Is it the camera?
Working...
X